Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I picked up an Whites eagle spectrum on ebay r they the same as xlt?
Posted by: Davewarren
Date: February 11, 2012 11:21AM
I'm new to the Eagle spectrum,its the older model, a 1991 but in beautiful condition.I bought it on ebay with a wining bid including shipping cost was $272.00. Dont think it was ever used, everything is in mint condition,not even 1 hair line scratch anywhere.It came w the hard suitcase type case,whites head phones,two of the whites rechargeable battery packs w charger and even the book.Good deal??or should I have waited for an xlt at a higher price??I've heard that you can run the same xlt programs on the eagle spectrum,is that true???I just got it and really havent had time to do research between the two.Also have heard about the book by.(Kevin Mulrooney.secreats of eagle spectrum and xlt.)Does anyone know where I can order this book online or locally pick one up?Amazon says its not available?Also What other coils will work on the spectrum??Currently I have the 9.5 coil.

Is that the wide body display forward ??? the transition between Eagle SL and XLT ???
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 11, 2012 12:26PM
If so..it's an excellent detector...............Wish I still had mine in fact...

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: Is that the wide body display forward ??? the transition between Eagle SL and XLT ???
Posted by: Davewarren
Date: February 11, 2012 12:45PM
Yes wide body.Eagle spectrum falls between Whites eagle ii sl and the xlt.Has a rainbow coil.

Re: Is that the wide body display forward ??? the transition between Eagle SL and XLT ???
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 11, 2012 08:24PM
A very deep and stable detector indeed.......Just has a little smaller screen on it than the XLT and a few less setttings if I remember correctly.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: I picked up an Whites eagle spectrum on ebay r they the same as xlt?
Posted by: Nestor Cerpa
Date: March 08, 2012 03:26AM
I have one, but paid a whole lot more than $272,. You got a good deal!

Posted by: Nestor Cerpa
Date: March 08, 2012 03:33AM
As for ...."Whites XLT Spectrum Secrets", one just went for $31.00 on eBay. Pretty hefty price, in my opinion.

Posted by: gliderpilot1234
Date: May 30, 2012 04:42AM
Have just picked up a spectrum eagle and all the bells and whistles .Almost brand new ,/Regards John

Posted by: widebody
Date: May 31, 2012 09:10AM
just sold my copy of the sewcrets book for $10.00 . it's a matter of supply and demand and a dash of greed. hopefully you'll find someone who is fair minded and has a copy for sale. based on what i've read lately you did get a good deal on the machine. could even re-sell for a little more than you paid if you had a mind to. i have a xlt and trying to sell it but have a little whisper in the back of my mind telling me i'm making a mistake. hope i'm wrong this time. i'm sure you'll really enjoy the eagle.

HH

Garrett AT Pr o
Garrett Pro pin pointer.x2
Whites V3i

AIN'T THIS HOBBY GREAT?

THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK.
Kelso, Wa.
where the sun don't shine most of the time.

Posted by: Rebel1
Date: June 20, 2012 09:43PM
I just picked one up not long ago too. Any of the 6.59Khz coils that work on the XLT, 5900, 6000 series will work on it. I just picked up a 5.3 Bullseye for mine.

Saving for retirement one penny at a time.

Posted by: firty13
Date: July 15, 2012 04:08AM
i found one of these at a pawnshop and talkd them down to 100$ got stock coil and bluemax600 w/ original carry case aswell some damage on the back door hinge but whites could send me a replacment for 12$

Whites eagle spectrum
Posted by: ralph
Date: August 22, 2012 09:31PM
Had one for 10 years and regretted selling it. It's a real coin vacume, especially with the 8 in coil. Tone id and vdi are very accurate (at least on the one I had) Could tell between zinc cent and indian head cent and copper cent, and clad dime clad qtr, and silver dime and qtr with tone id on.

mxt with 3x9 hotfoot,ace250,atpro

Posted by: Scaupus
Date: August 29, 2012 06:08PM
i have one. It's a great machine, the 600 coil is killer in trashy areas. It's a very versatile machine. I found it could work fine in salt water without diminished sensitivity. How often it refreshes ground balance can be adjusted. The manual really has enough about each adjustable field for you to get started playing with the programming. Just read it carefully. The programming is very similar to the XLT, though there are a few differences. There are a lot of programs online, mainly salted in the various forums.

I bought mine for $180 on eBay last November. It came with the standard 9" coil and a pair of whites pro headphones. I had to repair the headphones on arrival, and eventually i had to install the speakers on a different headset, but I'm still using them.

Posted by: Ceebee7
Date: June 21, 2014 09:08PM
I have one on the way from USA to Perth Australia that I purchased on ebay. I've been reading some great reviews on it but now and then one comes in negative about the weight?
I believe it takes the C cell batteries which I guess are heavy compared the the ones used it a lot of newer machines. Is there any way to make it lighter? I understand that the control box is a lot bigger than the current models which would also impact on the weight. Any suggestions would be welcome. I started with a Garrett ace 250 which I still have for sentimental reasons lol. I now also use a Minelab xterra 705, will the spectrum beat the 705 in any particular area? Lots of questions but I've only been doing this hobby for a short time compared to most of you guys so please bring on the help.
If someone has one maybe you could give me some settings that you have found usefull.
Thanks for reading.
G'day from WA. (Western Australia)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login