Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
XLT...still loving mine!
Posted by: ayoung
Date: June 19, 2014 08:29AM
I've been using my XLT since 1994 and can't get enough of it. I saw they stopped making them a few years ago so I was able to find a new one still in the box!
Happy detecting all!

Re: XLT...still loving mine!
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: June 19, 2014 10:39AM
The XLT is a nice unit for sure but you will get better balance and less wrist fatigue by turning the S rod around. You are defeating the purpose of the S rod by having it upside down. :thumbup:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Date: June 19, 2014 11:04AM
Ha ha, funny you should mention that, I didnt pay much attention to it as my fiance put it together for me that morning...sure glad it didnt affect how it just located that sweet barber dime ;-)

Happy hunting!
Angie

Posted by: astor
Date: January 03, 2015 01:53PM
If its the XLT 1.1 I am not surprised that you still love it.The ,E, Version is not as good and works on a different Frequ.
I have 2 xlt 1.1,2 tesoros,love em all.(but I am a Whites Freak at Heart,for over 40 years.lol
Happy Digging
Astor

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: March 03, 2015 05:28PM
Is the XLT 1.1 The Rainbow version?

Posted by: dwho10
Date: March 04, 2015 08:31AM
What coil are you using on your XLT? I'm pretty new to the hobby and have been using the stock coil without a lot of success...especially in trashy areas. I just purchased the 5.3 Bullseye coil. Have you tried that one? If so, how has it worked out for you?

Date: March 04, 2015 05:39PM
Hey there, you know I stick with the stock coil as it has been good for me. I had the 5.3 but lent it to a "friend" and never got it back...then we moved and well, I'm out of a 5.3 coil now. I used the 5.3 in trashy areas which is an excellent coil if you can take all the trash signals (even given discrimination). My favorite place to detect is old home yards, I have many to choose from up here in IL. Sorry if I wasnt much help.
Good luck!
Angie

Posted by: Dkuntarich
Date: March 14, 2015 10:57AM
The XLT's S-rod can be used in either position according to the manual -- dipping downward or upward. Dipping downward is said to bring the coil closer to your feet. So there is not necessarily a wrong way.

I have mine dipping downward from the control unit.

Dave K

Posted by: jackintexas
Date: March 23, 2015 01:46PM
IIn early 1993 or 1994 the Xlt had a 1.0 software. About 1995 they went with the 1.1 software. Since then all XLT circuits are the same. The rainbow is an older XLT. The E series is the later models. .....Jack

Posted by: dwho10
Date: June 11, 2015 10:15PM
I have a White's XLT I inherited. I have only been able to find clad and depths less than 5 inches. I'd like to find some old sliver coins. Have you had success finding coins deeper than 5"? If so, what are the best settings for maximizing depth?

Dave H

Posted by: lytle78
Date: June 11, 2015 11:19PM
Search is your friend. There is a large body of hard won information posted by XLT users over the years here and elswhere on the web.

Go find it!

Rick Kempf

Posted by: Mark7
Date: June 14, 2015 08:46PM
dwho10
I have a White's XLT I inherited. I have only been able to find clad and depths less than 5 inches. I'd like to find some old sliver coins. Have you had success finding coins deeper than 5"? If so, what are the best settings for maximizing depth?

Do a google search on xlt and spectrum archive. Should be the first search result, ton of information there. Not sure if I can post the direct link here.

There are also a lot of other search results that will come up too.

Things are were you find them.

Whites XLT
TRX pinpointer

Posted by: jimmie
Date: July 18, 2015 08:38AM
If you can find one of these coils they work great. The coil is a six inch coil that is double stacked .

Posted by: stonewal
Date: August 12, 2015 10:32AM
And you may want to make sure the coil cable is looped over top of rod.I have seen them sag down and get picked up by the coil
Good find!!

Posted by: Jimick
Date: April 30, 2016 11:05PM
Still loving mine. Purchased it new in 1999. Two years ago I sent it in for repair. The display had developed lines in it. I know they had no more displays for the XLT; I believe they used display parts from a DFX. I've been out detecting the local parks and a few schools. Found a double ringer civil war bullet at 9 inches in the park behind my house. Looking at getting another metal detector for gold prospecting. I dropped a few nuggets (<9 gr in size) in my back yard...my XLT will have nothing to do with them. :lol: I will never get rid of my XLT though. Looking at the Garrett AT Gold or the Fisher Gold Bug 2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login