Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Deepest coin you dug with XLT
Posted by: Mark7
Date: June 14, 2015 06:22PM
I saw a guy on youtube stating he gets 10"-15", I find 15" hard to believe.

Just started hunting a new area my deepest was just the other day just shy of 8" silver dime ,950 coil. I am getting coins here down to 7"-7 1/2 guite often and also some in a few other spots I go to, but those spots are thinning out quickly.

I have two spot that have great potentail. This new one I just started and a very old carnival grounds I have found nice stuff in and two merc's. Can't hunt the carnival ground till they mow it again it is almost waist high now.Was told they only mow it a few times a year.

I am still playing with programs to try and get deeper. When I first started I could only get 4"-4 1/2 "

Thanks to all the members here that have helped me with my questions.

I understand the XLT pretty good now,have over 150 hours on it just need to keep at it, trial and error.

Still saving penny's for a V3i, it may be awhile!

Things are were you find them.

Whites XLT
TRX pinpointer

Re: Deepest coin you dug with XLT
Posted by: supertraq
Date: October 22, 2015 09:33AM
I had one for at least a year and never got past 4-4.5" in this weak Florida soil.
People on here,back in the 90's would say well it takes a couple years to learn and depths not important anyway.
My cz-20 was finding 12-13 inch coin within days.
Sold the xlt and still have my cz-20 that I bought in 93.

Fisher cz 20 since 1993,,,,Fisher cz 6a,,,Tek gamma 6000,,,,Tesoro compadre,,,,Tek Eurotek pro x 2,,,Tek omega 8000,Fisher gold bug se 29er,,Fisher F75 se. Formerly waynebo,,
People look at the world by the way they themselves act...Honest peole think most people are honest...Dishonest people think most peole are dishonest.

Posted by: DetectorCollector
Date: February 03, 2016 11:30AM
Playing with the AC and DC phase can really punch the XLT deep.I found a 2 reale at a measured 10" with mine.That would be deepest coin to date with the XLT. I find coins regularly in the 6 to 8" range.

Fisher F-75 with DST
7 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-5's
3 CZ-5's converted to 3D specs
"NasaTom" tuned CZ-6a converted to 3D specs
2 "Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-6's
"Nasa Tom" tuned CZ-70 Pro
2 CZ-7A Pros
CZ-21
2 Coinstrikes
Original Gold Bug
M-101
Whites V3I
M-6
MXT Pro
2 XLT's
XL Pro
Beach Hunter 300
6000 DI Pro SL
Coinmaster 5000D
Minelab E-trac
CTX 3030
Tesoro Vaquero
Cortes
DeLeon
Garrett Total Response Master Hunter
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Makro Racer
Racer 2
Teknetics T2 with DST
XP Deus
7 Sunray Probes
75 Coils
22 Pairs of Headphones

You will have to pry my CZ's from my cold dead hands

Troy

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: March 15, 2016 04:51PM
My First Merc. pinpointed at 7.5'' on my XLT. Was the deepest coin I dug with that detector, But didn't keep it long before I traded it in on a DFX.

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: May 19, 2016 11:01AM
On a dime solid 8 inches and a quarter or large cent 9-10 inches...Remember fast swingers get more depth and mixed mode audio with little disc. will get them even deeper but noisy as heck due to lack of little disc. you will get hits on every swing....As far as 15 inches not going to happen.....many books written on the XLT and the best I read was from a author who was a chiropractor in Pa...can't remember the title and perhaps someone will chime in with data..

Deepest have been the oldest ...
Posted by: Va Dave
Date: May 25, 2016 07:58PM
Late1600's cobs, early 1700's reales, early 1800's Half Cents... 12-14". Got over 20 years with the XLT, all found in Mixed Mode with bigger coils while searching for CW Relics.

Re: Deepest have been the oldest ...
Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: May 26, 2016 09:43AM
Proof is in the pudding and Dave agrees with me as mixed mode can be deep, however it takes a while to get used to...

Posted by: Dang
Date: June 26, 2016 11:40AM
Dan-Pa.
On a dime solid 8 inches and a quarter or large cent 9-10 inches...Remember fast swingers get more depth and mixed mode audio with little disc. will get them even deeper but noisy as heck due to lack of little disc. you will get hits on every swing....As far as 15 inches not going to happen.....many books written on the XLT and the best I read was from a author who was a chiropractor in Pa...can't remember the title and perhaps someone will chime in with data..

Dfx spectrum and xlt best programs.
By John harris. Still a few available on amazon.
Not in book form but xerox pages stapled together.
I'm reading it right now. Haven't had time to go out and try his programs yet.

Posted by: rferrari
Date: December 02, 2016 04:55AM
I have hit copper and silver coins at 13 to 14 inches in loamy soil in Pa. I also realized that speed of the loop and loop position are factors. Peace Roy

Posted by: iw1abj
Date: May 04, 2017 02:19AM
regards
I get the new xlt plate today, I think with factory programs, then with the gary and I'll let you know deep down in the air, then in real search. The plate is built in spain, blach dog factory, for dfx and xlt
The next week I'll tell you how it works in the air and in real search
Algerio

Re: Deepest coin you dug with XLT spectrunN/T
Date: May 04, 2017 03:37AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: donl98632
Date: May 04, 2017 11:30AM
Will be looking forward to the results of your testing with the Black Dog coil. I have been considering buying one for my older Whites detectors.

Don

Date: May 15, 2017 07:12AM
greet Donl
Tried xob coil and i saw it is not valid for xlt white, maybe it is better for dfx, as depth equal to supplied one, then wasted money, different only lower weight, no buy xxl black dog, i have 81 years i stay short To hunt, used MD for 37 years, now tired after 3/4 hours stopped

for write use traslator
Alger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login