Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
White's Spectrum XLT
Posted by: va3ser
Date: August 17, 2015 08:02PM
I have a chance to pick up a whites xlt spectrum. The batter pack is corroded. Not sure of the condition. Is it still worth picking up. I can get it for about $80

Steve

Re: White's Spectrum XLT
Posted by: airscapes
Date: August 17, 2015 10:04PM
YES! AA packs cost about $12 machine is worth $200 if it works and the screen has no issues wholesale and $300 on Ebay.
Not to mention it is an excellent machine and way better than anything new under $600. The major draw back is the lack of coil choices.

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 10:07PM by airscapes.

Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: August 18, 2015 06:34AM
Go for it!!! I just picked up my 1rst Spectrum xlt after 15 years of detecting
and I am really liking it. Will find the goods. I let my niece's nephew use it
here at the house the other day and he pulled out a 1940's wheatie. I have
been all over this property with many different detectors and signals are real
sparse. But, the XLT nailed an older coin. That's what I'm talking about.
Because of the battery corrossion I would offer less as the machine could
have some problems but Whites I believe can make it almost new. Give
them a call and see how they might advise you on this purchase. All I know
is the XLT is a winner and should have had one in the arsenal years ago!!!
The Bulls-eye 5.3 coil is a MUST HAVE!
GOOD LUCK...
silverseeker 2

Date: August 18, 2015 10:42AM
take a flashlight and shine it in the battery compartment. There are 2 L shaped pins inside that contact that battery. If these look clean and then probably no issues inside. If the battery is bad and you can not test the machine then either order a AA pack from a dealer or online re-seller. If the machine looks new (not used much) I "try" and get it for less, but I would have no fear in buying it for $80.

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Posted by: va3ser
Date: August 18, 2015 05:42PM
The battery pack itself is corroded. I can use my DFX battery to check the XLT it has the rainbow on the coil..... I am wondering what version it is. Whether it is worth the gas and travel and cost.

Date: August 18, 2015 07:26PM
YES IT IS WORTH THE GAS.. there is no real difference between the rainbow and e-series that I know other than the sticker.
Yes the DFX battery is fine, you will find the XLT is just a DFX without the Dual Frequency options.. all there other stuff is the same. Just set it up in c/j , turn on tone id and make sure transmit boost is on (where PAG would be in the menu) turn up the ac and bump the coil with your foot or against some wood to make sure it does not false. If the coil is good and the screen is good you are golden! I bought 2 for $300 and came out ahead of the game selling one for $275 and trading the other with a bad coil for a 6x12 and Ultimate 13
Would have kept one but picked up a second DFX for a song.

Posted by: bklein
Date: October 03, 2015 09:55AM
I'd pay more for it and I don't care about battery corrosion. I'd fix it or pay Whites to.

Posted by: Raimond
Date: October 30, 2015 09:28AM
Steve
How far do you have to drive? This will affect your final cost. If you choose not to purchase it let us know as someone else will jump on it including me. In other words, don't be a fool!

Freedom is not free, support the troops. They don't make the policy, they enforce the policy, no matter how unpopular it is.

Date: October 30, 2015 01:26PM
This tread is from August... guessing he got it or it is gone..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login