Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Waiting for the XLT-e
Posted by: Dang
Date: March 11, 2016 09:35PM
Not like it's a new thing from whites but it will be new for me. Should arrive this saturday. I been watching a lot, and I mean a lot of videos about the XLT on YouTube. I can't believe there's not a lot of choices for coils but I imagine there's thousand of the few that for it out there that one can obtain at a decent price.
I'm looking forward to trying the vast variety of programs offered here. Thanks to all XLT pros we have here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:36PM by Dang.

Re: Waiting for the XLT-e
Posted by: Mark7
Date: March 12, 2016 06:30PM
I really enjoy my XLT. I use the 5.3 bulls eye coil 90% of the time and feel it is a MUST have coil. I have learned it well over the past year with the help of members on this forum and reading all the back posts and have created a few custom programs that work quit well for my area and the type of hunting I do. I well never part with it. I thought about getting a V3i and glad I did not now that the the MX Sport has come out. I will be buying A MX sport soon and feel it will be a good fit for me along side my XLT.

Things are were you find them.

Whites XLT
TRX pinpointer

Posted by: airscapes
Date: March 14, 2016 10:04AM
I had a couple of XLTs for a short time. I did like them very much but I also had the DFX which was the follow on to the XLT.. Had there been more coil choices for the XLT I think I may have kept it and sold the DFX as it was a very solid performer and a little less touchy with EMI. You really want to take the time to lean and understand the 5 or 6 performance options that need to be altered to fit the site you are hunting.. You will find with in a short time, you only need one configuration (program) which gets tweaked for the site.. I had the same idea .. collected a bunch of custom configs, plugged them all into a spread sheet and could see they were virtual the same except for a few options that need to be set per site. .and some that are personal preference..

For instance, I like Tone ID .. and with it on I can tell if the target is iron or not, so I never discriminate anything.. wide open from -85 to +95..I like VOC on, and a couple of other items that are about how things look and sound .. that stuff is all saved to my custom program and the site specific stuff gets tweaked in the first 10 minutes of the hut.. Doing the spread sheet thing was helpful to learn these options. Also having had the DFX first and studying Digging Deeper with the DFX made for a no learning curve on the XLT as the 2 machines are identical except for the Multi frequency options and digital ground filtering. I would recommend the DIggging Deeper with the DFX for anyone just starting out with the XLT as much of the info is applicable

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Date: March 15, 2016 01:05AM
Thanks guys...
She just arrived tonight and I just figured out how to turn her on to play with it for some air tests.

Are there any decent after market coils out there?

Posted by: Mark7
Date: May 22, 2016 08:46PM
Dang
Thanks guys...
She just arrived tonight and I just figured out how to turn her on to play with it for some air tests.

How are you liking you XLT? Any notable finds? how deep?

Things are were you find them.

Whites XLT
TRX pinpointer

Date: June 27, 2016 11:04AM
Mark7
Dang
Thanks guys...

How are you liking you XLT? Any notable finds? how deep?
Well it certainly does have a learning curve. I've only been able to use it a couple times though. I only been using the preset programs with the Ac sensitivity turned up a touch. Not much depth noted but the signiture graph is a wonderful tool.
I did purchase a book by John Harris for DFX, Spectrum and XLTs. I got cuz he, like my father, is a chiropractor. Who's name is also John! Ha ha.
And it really helped me understand the XLT better. I can't wait to get out to try his settings. Espicially his All Metal settings.

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: June 28, 2016 03:17PM
Must have read 10 XLT books or so but John Harris tops them all as far as I am concerned...Where did you pick up the book as its been out of print for years...
His settings are one thing but his input overall is whats tops....

Date: June 28, 2016 08:38PM
Dan-Pa.
Must have read 10 XLT books or so but John Harris tops them all as far as I am concerned...Where did you pick up the book as its been out of print for years...
His settings are one thing but his input overall is whats tops....[/quote

Amazon. But technically it's not s book as in book form but xerox copies. Think it was twelve bucks.

Posted by: iw1abj
Date: April 25, 2017 09:06AM
regards
I also have a xlt spectrum and it goes very well both in tones and discrimination, next month I will get xxl blackdog plate / spool built in spain, it increases by 5/7 "that supplied, better than many current MDs
http://en.marsmd.com/ costruczion coll/sell for xxl blackdog special for xlt,see link
Algerio bye

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login