Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Modulation
Posted by: Dang
Date: June 12, 2016 04:10PM
So I cant seem to get a whisper from my XLT. ON sounds just like OFF to me. Also performed the test in SILENT SEARCH with MODULATION ON/OFF ..
No mater how far I separate the coil from the target the volume remains the same until it drops out completely. Tried it with head phones. tried it without. I cant hear any difference.

The XLT is a recent trade was told the XLT has no issues, and I totally trust the seller..... but maybe I should have White's give it a going over anyway.

Re: Modulation
Posted by: airscapes
Date: June 12, 2016 06:12PM
Never use it, why would you not want to hear a deep target.. Modulation off is how most folks use it and I would not be able to tell you how to test it, as it is off! :-)

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Date: June 12, 2016 06:18PM
Looked it up in the Digging Deeper with the DFX
If you really want to use it, you can try turning UP the Target volume and lower the VID sensitivity, this will help you hear the difference. But the effect of making it more difficult to hear a deep target is counter productive.

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Date: June 12, 2016 07:42PM
But boys! According to my manual, unless you physically turn it off every time you use one of the preset programs or its already off in your favorite custom programs you do use it. Manual says it's "on"(defaults )so you can hear those faint signals that indicate a deep target. But if your "hearing isn't too good turn it off". But like I said I don't notice a difference on either setting. Personally I would like to know a deep target is there without needing to pinpoint.

Date: June 12, 2016 08:19PM
Excuse me. I thought more then one person replied.
But sir.....
Anyways....
I will set it up that DFX way to see if it's noticable. I just assumed it was off until I read in the manual that is defaults to On.

Date: June 12, 2016 10:22PM
Once you learn how you like to use your machine, you will have a custom config saved with the defaults that "you" use all the time.. The factory defaults are not really used by folks after the get the hang of things..

Tone ID is off by default, I use it exclusively.. VCO is off by default, I won't hunt with it off.. etc etc.. You don't go changing a dozen settings every time you pull the battery pack out and your changes to the default get lost, you save your setup to one of the custom slots and away you go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2016 10:24PM by airscapes.

Posted by: Va Dave
Date: June 18, 2016 06:40PM
Modulation is a great tool in settings that I leave on, sort of a discrimination in a sense. Bench test may not be the best way to test modulation, maybe a test garden.

Date: June 22, 2016 12:15AM
You're correct about the Air test failure VA Dave.
I just loaded a All Metal Program created by chiropractor and it really gives a good example of the whisper I was expecting on deep targets.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login