Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Bluemax 800 issue.
Posted by: chrisggard
Date: November 01, 2016 12:28AM
Hello all.

New to the forum but not detecting.

I've been swinging the 800 on my xlt quite awhile. Recently it has been giving high and annoying threshold sound thru my grey ghosts and also if it bumps anything on either side of my swing it falses.
Have any of you had this issue and is there anything I can do short of replacing it? I have a few other coils for the machine and switched over to bullseye again without any of the above interference.

Any help is appreciated. HH.

Re: Bluemax 800 issue.
Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: November 01, 2016 10:05AM
Unfortunately Whites coils can go out of tune and have to be replaced.....If other coils OK you definetly have a bad coil or perhaps a bad connection where it attaches to the
body of the unit...

Date: November 04, 2016 03:27PM
Thanks for the reply. That's what i thought it would be. Just stick to Bullseye for awhile.

HH!

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: November 04, 2016 04:16PM
Make sure wire is screwed tight into connection. ... i had one go bad cause i used it in water and a little got inside.. i sliced it open on the outside edge , let it dry and glued it back together. it worked ok but not perfect... sometimes a loose connection or short inside the wire gives the same symptoms. ..

Date: November 04, 2016 06:26PM
At this point i don't think it would hurt to pop her open and poke a screw driver at it. Its very possible it got water inside it. The bottom is pretty worn and may have hairline cracks running the perimeter. I have dunked the coil a couple times in creeks and that could very well be the culprit. If anything ill eventually get another 8" will be interesting to see whats inside though...

Thanks for the reply
HH!

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: November 05, 2016 02:06PM
I really feel if it got any water in it its gonzo as imagine water and electronics don't mix....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login