Findmall.com

Whites XLT Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Not much action on this thread anymore
Posted by: bigtuna
Date: January 02, 2017 07:35AM
Not much love for the Xlt anymore,, guess it's all been hashed out on the hundreds or so pages in this thread, and newer machines and what not.....Cheers rick

Re: Not much action on this thread anymore
Posted by: Va Dave
Date: January 06, 2017 04:51PM
Still loving my XLT after 20 years, and she has her place in my arsenal along with the GPX 5000 and AT Gold, searching for Civil War relics. GPX is a deeper searching machine but the XLT doesn't slack much when I run the 15" coil, and it still does pretty good in the busy trash areas that challenge the GPX's recovery speed. Plus the XLT's VDI Signagraph accuracy is hard to beat, always know what's under the coil before I dig. There are times where the site calls for the XLT, and times I'm just feeling the love, lol.

Cheers

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: January 09, 2017 10:11AM
Still old technology at its finest ought to cover it....Still remember first time I read the manual 20 yrs ago and now could set one up blindfolded .....

Posted by: rferrari
Date: January 09, 2017 07:12PM
I just dusted off my xlt and figured out how to stabilize the battery pack contacts. Unit is showing beach corrosion but I took it to some old ground in NJ and it did not disappoint. In the first 3 hours I dug a 1833 large cent, 1902 Indian cent, 1827 mason-wheeler padlock dust cover plate, Dixon & sons pewter spoon, 1936 Seaside Park beach tag and much more. I am going to work on treating the corrosion, prime and paint while the cold winds blow so I am ready for milder weather. Peace Roy

Posted by: ronaldj2
Date: January 27, 2017 03:27PM
I still love my xlt after 17 yrs. It feels better balanced, IMO, and lighter than my Safari. Sent it to Sweet Home for some TLC they usually do great work. Took 2 weeks to get there from the east coast. My wife enjoys spending time detecting with me. She has used it before and likes it. Had some shutting down issues. Have found many interesting things with it through the years. Ron

In the future...
Posted by: Va Dave
Date: January 31, 2017 02:23PM
Send to Bob at Centreville electronics, he's White's east coast dealer for repairs and will certainly provide great service. Been dealing with him since the 80's.

Posted by: imtack@verizon.net
Date: May 31, 2017 08:00AM
what was the cost for the tune up ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login