Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Feedback Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: 29 V3's on Ebay
Posted by: arclyt
Date: January 29, 2012 10:42AM
This was his reply so take it for what it is worth
Dear arclytone,why not,? they arrived incomplete with no waranty but they were very well kept,came from one place,so we make em complete buying the missing accesories and sometimes buying almost a whole machine, those in particular, didnt need much to bring them that way, you asked the same picture?, this is not a metal detector fashion modeling,we are not going to take a 100 picture for them placed on a bed and coverd with plankets!! ,they are the same model defrent machine, so one picture is enough to ilustrate them all, we still have another 60 machine of these at least never listed yet,

Re: 29 V3's on EBay
Posted by: Rob in (Ca)
Date: January 29, 2012 10:56AM
the seller has100% feedback with paypal protection to back you (if they are fakes) Bid away

The seller should of just posted 2-3 at a time, to keep the use price market from taken a dump

Long Beach ca,

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: January 29, 2012 01:15PM
Where do you get 29 used V's? They may not be fake but his story is and so are his bidders. His replies suck also. How many are you guys buying? Let us know how they work.

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: January 29, 2012 01:25PM
It just don't like be lied to. If you got them as returns fine but don't tell me they came from a club. 32 listed and you say 60 more to come. Why wouldn't Kellyco sell the detectors themselves? Explain to me about the bidders. It just looks like the same guys bidding them up. I asked for numbers and he said he had them all packed and couldn't be bothered. I don't need a V so whatever. It made for a good post.

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 01:27PM by Rob (IL).

Posted by: burlbark
Date: January 29, 2012 01:56PM
Rob (IL)
[attachment 221700 Untitled-1.jpg]It just don't like be lied to. If you got them as returns fine but don't tell me they came from a club. 32 listed and you say 60 more to come. Why wouldn't Kellyco sell the detectors themselves? Explain to me about the bidders. It just looks like the same guys bidding them up. I asked for numbers and he said he had them all packed and couldn't be bothered. I don't need a V so whatever. It made for a good post.

I checked out the one with the most bids.... Everything looks fine. I sell on ebay on a regular basis and this looks like the guy got a screeming deal from Kellyco and its the end of the year and it can be counted as tax writeoff. Kellyco can report a loss or wherever he bought them from can. The only thing this is going to hurt is short term resale value. I didnt plan on selling mine anytime soon anyway.

Another silver day yesterday that I didnt bother posting.... war nickle and a wheat spill. :goodnight:

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: January 29, 2012 02:11PM
Let's take it easy on Kellyco, they might not have anything to do with him and they are a sponsor. We don't bite the hand that feeds us.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

Posted by: Texas-Steve
Date: January 29, 2012 03:05PM
I also looked at the so talked about item. I then looked at some of the detectors he sold. Everything I saw looked like it was all legitimate to me. I don't need one because I have one. I got mine from a dealer in Texas. I also noticed that the seller on the auction has sold some Garretts also. I still would rather pay a few dollars more and get a NEW one with the WARRANTY. Good luck to who ever buys one.
Steve

Posted by: Schultzie
Date: January 29, 2012 03:48PM
It just looks fishy to me too. Check out ALL the bidders on his auctions. They are all similar like "a***6"... with three stars in the middle. You can't tell me not one other bidders is interested in his items. I wouldn't waste my time bidding on these items as it looks like a scam to me.

Happy hunting - Schultzie

Posted by: packfan_1982
Date: January 29, 2012 06:07PM
Well Ebay adds the stars and just shows the first and last digit of a user id to protect annonimity. Those aren't a bunch of fake usernames, or at least you can't tell it because there are stars there.

They are protected by ebay and paypal... that said it is somewhat hard to get your money from them. If they aren't legitimate whites then the guy is throwing away his ebay store. I know how to get my money back from ebay and have the time and patience to do it, so I bid on one. If you can't afford a couple of hundred wrapped up in an ebay mess then I would recommend staying away from it.

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: January 29, 2012 06:40PM
I look forward to seeing a report from someone buying one of these. It's a V3, not V3i, and no warranty. When you add all this into the mix, the current bids are at a max that would even excite me personally. martin

Posted by: packfan_1982
Date: January 29, 2012 07:11PM
If I end up winning one I will post as to the legitimacy of the product.

Posted by: Schultzie
Date: January 30, 2012 11:36AM
packfan_1982
Well Ebay adds the stars and just shows the first and last digit of a user id to protect annonimity. Those aren't a bunch of fake usernames, or at least you can't tell it because there are stars there.

They are protected by ebay and paypal... that said it is somewhat hard to get your money from them. If they aren't legitimate whites then the guy is throwing away his ebay store. I know how to get my money back from ebay and have the time and patience to do it, so I bid on one. If you can't afford a couple of hundred wrapped up in an ebay mess then I would recommend staying away from it.

Ok, fair enough. I haven't bid on anything on ebay for quite a while and when I checked the bids back then, the full bidder name was visible. Good luck on your product/bid.

Happy hunting - Schultzie

Posted by: DonM
Date: January 30, 2012 11:42AM
Is it possible that someone's eBay account has been hijacked?? - it would not be the first time that this has happened.

If anyone is bidding on one - make sure that you use your credit card when going through Paypal....at least then you will have some protection if things go sour.

Also did anyone bother to ask for a serial # of any of these machines?

Posted by: PokerShark
Date: January 30, 2012 03:25PM
My wife has been a seller on eBay since it started and I have been primarily a buyer there for the same period. Together we have bought and sold thousands of items and she has near perfect feedback.

I can tell you that perfect feedback is VERY difficult and when I see it I am cautious. People are people and some people are not happy no matter what you sell them. Near new at 90% off the new price and they still have issues with it because it isn't new. I'm sure all of you understand the type. If they only have 20 or less responses and 100% feedback is a flashing red light.

A new or near new item that is substantially under market value is a loud siren on top of the flashing red light.

A seller with 100% feedback that is unresponsive with a deal that is really too good to be true is a sign of TOXIC WASTE!

Many of the same items, closing the same day, no individual item pictures or individual descriptions, and finally identifiable information is a billboard with a chain to hang around your neck that says "I can be sold anything and have more money than brains. Please take advantage of me!" It also comes with a smaller sign to attach to your backside that says "KICK HERE!"

I would be very interested to see what type of payment they PREFER. That normally reveals a great deal.

There is so much fraud online these days it is best to just walk away from a deal that does not pass the sniff test and this deal makes week old cod smell like a flower bed I am here to tell you.

Just my $2.00 and 2 cents.

The Shark

Posted by: iflygreen
Date: January 30, 2012 04:41PM
Foolish foolish foolish. Or how about RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG!! There is so much fraud on eBay. I am really surprised at how many it seems have their fingers crossed that this is just to good to be true. Good luck