Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Feedback Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
here a good indication on whether this is all a scam or not...
Posted by: azsh07
Date: February 04, 2012 10:28PM
I find this thread mildly interesting as i would never bid on these type of auctions as..they are always BS on some level.
That being said i was bored and decided to send the guy a message and ask if I can pick up one or two, in person, if I win one and I would gladly pay with Paypal prior to picking them up in person. I told him I work In Revere Ma which...is a few miles away from his SUPPOSED location.
To that message here was his response....now if this does not flag this whole thing as fishy then...what would.
The sellers English is slightly odd...not incorrect but also not normal conversational English so...he is a foreigner by decent if he even lives here. my guess is Asian origin.
His response does conflict with impressions given in the add.
So i would guess these are some sort of counterfeit or maybe they were hot at some point...hijacked cargo? Whatever it is he is shifty.

Dear nhhobbies,

we do not allow pick ups for many reasons,we did this in the past and it was problems , you will have to wait for the specified amount of time listed at the shipping and handling rules ,it states like 2/20/2012 and 2/24th
even if you live next door you will have to wait, we have to treat everyone equal,many of our items do not ship from MA ,some come out from NY, please read the shipping and handling times carefuly before you buiy and also let your friends know this, these are sale terms that we do not change.
- alex92899

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2012 10:35PM by azsh07.

Re: here a good indication on whether this is all a scam or not...
Posted by: turkeybuck
Date: February 05, 2012 04:00AM
WOW, Must be a big club!

Re: 29 V3's on Ebay
Posted by: triplehooked
Date: February 05, 2012 06:06PM
Wow, what an interesting read. I'm currently putting the word out to our SPONSORS to get hooked up with a V3i. Personally, I'd never bid on something like that. If it looks like crap, smells like crap, I surely ain't gonna' taste it!! It's a bit of cash to cough up for a new machine, but worth it I think. Not just for the warranty and piece of mind, but also to help the local economy and honest detectorist/dealers...

Travis

Re: 29 V3's on EBay
Posted by: Shortbox1957
Date: February 05, 2012 08:43PM
After getting spring fever last week and deciding it was time to upgrade from the Quantum II that I've been using for ten years I jumped on EBay to see whats available... Well to make a long story shorter... I was the winner of one of these V3's. Now after reading through this thread (that I found after Googling "Alex92899" due to a strange email returned from him) I haven't slept good in two nights. I'm 50/50 on how this is going to turn out for me but am hoping for the best!

Its obvious from spending time looking at his past auctions that he using people to bid up many of his items and am letting EBay know that so they can take a look but also looking at his feedback from many established buyers it also shows that he follows through with his sells. This whole thing sure looks fishy and I now wish I would have never got involved...this poor man cant afford to throw away that kind of money! I emailed him because it was marked shipped on 2/1 then on the 4th received a second notice saying it was shipped with a tracking # and I wanted to know what day it was shipped due to the tracking # not showing anything and this was his response...

"hello, it was marked shipped because it left the storage unit,then it gets tracking number,we have estimated date between feb 18 and feb 20th to get your items,these dates we have it for big reason, it give enough time for the item to show up among thousands in sort and handling by USPS ,it saves us some money since its economy shipping but you save over 1000 us $ buying a new machine,so please stand by and e mail about shipping before these dates above,".- alex92899

I will let everyone know how this turns out good or bad and in any case... I've found a great forum that I've spent the last few hours going through and learned alot. Jon

Date: February 05, 2012 09:07PM
I wish you luck,it could still be on the up and up. Just got to wait and see. You are always covered by EBay Buyers protection. I hope they are all real and I can get me one later after I find out..

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: February 06, 2012 10:55AM
Another of his replies.

"many of them missing the serial number sticker and already boxed, they are 100 % us made."

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Posted by: triplehooked
Date: February 06, 2012 11:10AM
100% us made.....he means us in China perhaps?! :lmfao:

Posted by: burlbark
Date: February 06, 2012 11:54AM
He now has 44 of them on ebay..... This is beginning to look highly suspicious. They may be Chinese clones, or should I say under performing knockoffs.

Date: February 06, 2012 12:25PM
They say slightly used, but missing the serial number sticker ? Why would anyone pull the stickers unless they are hot or copies.If they are either, they need To be meet by a Federal agent. If all them are copies, and they flood the market, you will never be able to sell your used real one and get a good price for fear of it being a copy or FAKE.

Posted by: borntofli
Date: February 06, 2012 02:50PM
I just looked at those auctions on ebay...... Did you not see the big red flag saying NO NO NO....... You may get lucky but looking at the auctions its easy to see rip off....... Hopefully these knock offs will work........ I personally would send it back without even opening it.......

Posted by: kjoy45
Date: February 06, 2012 04:04PM
Missing the serial number sticker,I hope not,Spectra V3 been out for a while,why flood the market now? on copy or fake??

Posted by: Rob (IL)
Date: February 06, 2012 04:34PM
Re: Fake detectors
Posted by: Carl-NC [ Send a Message ]
Date: December 23, 2011 07:29PM

In any case, there are definitely fake detectors out there. In the case of White's, we have not seen any make it into the US, other than the units we personally bought to inspect. I have heard rumors that Minelab GPX4500 clones have made it in to the US but have not verified. White's is aggressively trying to shut down the counterfeiters. I'm sure Tek & Minelab are doing the same.

Whether you are buying new or used, I recommend an authorized dealer. Beware of foreign sources, especially those that are moving a lot of units. If a unit is priced "too good to be true" then it likely is just that. If you buy on eBay use a payment method that gives you a recourse for refund (no check or money order, and definitely not Western Union). If you are buying off a treasure forum classified then look for the seller's history and feedback.

- Carl

"Everyone has an opinion, but mine is free":devil:
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment..."

Posted by: Dingo Darnell
Date: February 06, 2012 05:40PM
I bought a fake Rolex on eBay and the seller denied it was fake. PayPal paid me and told me to destroy it.
-----
I just hope these buyers don't think they're real and make bad reviews all over the web.
-----
Just in case anybody's interested, I found this on another metal detecting forum... look at the last two words....
-----
Posted By: adam ma
Date: Friday, 25 November 2011, at 2:15 a.m.

f/s whites v3i for sale warranty 1199.00

hello i have nice whites v3i for sale, has 23 month of warranty, selling for a friend, just bought in october 2011,
comes with manuals, box, dvd, none white carry bag, no head phones.

asking 1199.00 firm, free shipping in USA, 120.00 international shipping

paypal or money order, thank u.

i have very good paypal account, i also have very good ebay seller feed back, my seller ID on e bay is alex

very trusty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2012 06:17PM by Larry (IL).

Posted by: Schultzie
Date: February 06, 2012 06:05PM
It's a darn shame! Whites needs to go after this guy.

Happy hunting - Schultzie

Rob & Carl
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 06, 2012 06:13PM
Correct me if I am wrong. Did Whites not say " They have sold no club this many detectors". and why would a club buy their members detectors in the first place...... Did Whites not say Alex was not a dealer............ has a Distributor stated they sold so many at one time to anyone ???...................................

It looks like a big rip off to me !!................. I also would not now under any circumstances purchase a used V3i from anyone........... Who's to say where their machine came from even though their a respected Seller on this and other forums... They could be victims of fraud.... and not know it.

It seems like there is NO WAY to track where theses V3i detectors came from, and how many have been put on the market...if in fact they do get shipped to the buyers...........

Do you suppose Whites will buy one and check it out for authenticity ?????????? Will we be advised if they do," what the results are".. ?????????

Look at all the newbies that will buy these detectors.and sell them when detecting didn't work out for them. Are they crooks because they didn't know when they bought them ?? No their not.. Their victims..

From this point on you have to buy from a trusted dealer.That sells only Factory shipped Whites V3i's.....If these detectors get sent and are fakes.... We are a limited market..the machines will find their way to our market...

Just my thoughts !!!!!!!!!!!!! If I am wrong someone jump in and clear up my thoughts on this ............. "PLEASE"

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !