Findmall.com

Sun Ray Detector Electronics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DX-1 question for Ralph
Posted by: Jim West Pa
Date: August 03, 2010 08:04AM
Hey Ralph,
I've been using the Invader DX-1 for a while now and frankly, i'm not impresed with it.
In the past i have used your probe on the Minelab Explorer and i was very impressed with that one.
I could dig a half basketball sized plug and that probe would find the taget anywhere in it with ease.
With my DX-1 i have to be allmost touching the target to get a reading.
Now i suspect that my DFX may be having some depth issues and it is on it's way to White's for a checkup,
but my question to you is should i have my DX-1 checked out also ?
Do you offer this service ?
I also have an XL-1 on my Classic IDX -Pro and it's performance isn't much better than my DX-1.
I know that the IDX has no issues tho, it works pefectly fine.

Am i proud to be an American ?
Why no.........
I am humbled to be an American.
Tho, as of late, sometimes embarassed.

At birth, God bestowed upon each of us the most important responsibility there is...................free will.

Re: DX-1 question for Ralph
Posted by: Ralph Sun Ray
Date: August 03, 2010 10:27AM
Jim,

Like all in-line probes, the detector settings will determine the depth of the probe as well as the search coil. If you are using factory pre-set or near factory pre-set settings you will not get the depth that you are expecting. I suggest going to the DFX Classroom, etc. to get help with settings from other users of the DX-1. As for the XL-1 try turning up the sensitivity while in probe mode which should maximize the depth capability of the probe. If you feel there are other issues with the probes you may e-mail, PM or call me. Thank you.

Ralph (Sun Ray)
319-636-2244 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm CST

Thanx Ralph, i'll git that a try and let ya know.N/T
Date: August 03, 2010 11:06AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Thanx Ralph, i'll git that a try and let ya know.
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: August 03, 2010 06:31PM
I had my DC set at 50 and AC at 85......... my DX-1 worked great. It is in how sensitive you have your detector set.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i, :whites: Pro XL :tesoro: Cibola/modified

Thanx Larry, i'll try to remember his when my DFX comes back.N/T
Date: August 04, 2010 04:36PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login