Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Sun Ray Detector Electronics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Sun Ray Phones...
Posted by: S.S.Tupperware
Date: August 05, 2010 06:14PM
I picked up a pir while I was in Ohio at the wife's family's property in oh I went to a store in Orlando, but they don;t sell them.... I tried my neighbors I hunt with , and when packin and seein my old cheepies were dead, I knew what I had to do. I got a pair of the Golds and I love them... There worth all the heat from the wifey when she finds out I got them... I did find a 35 merc while I was up there...

Re: Sun Ray Phones...
Posted by: acasto
Date: August 08, 2010 08:50PM
Just got a pair of these also. Can't wait to hunt with them. Waiting on some cooler weather and some time off.

Posted by: jacknh
Date: September 06, 2010 11:49PM
Had my Sunray pro golds for about a week now and I don't know how I had gone so long without them. they sound great and they are comfortable and they stay in place. Sunray makes a great product and I can tell you that when these wear out, I'll spend another $189 for another pair with no hesitation... Jack

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: September 12, 2010 01:38PM
I bought a pair for my old 5900 Di Pro Whites. I can't figure the switches out on the things. One switch turns every sound off on both sites. The other seems useless, no matter which position it is in, you still have to independently turn down one side or the other to really make any difference at all. I've not hardly used mine at all. I can't find the thrill everyone else is finding. Am I missing something? Why does the one switch just turn off all sounds? I thought it should switch off one side, you know, switch from stereo to mono. martin

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: September 12, 2010 02:52PM
Are you missing something? Maybe your instruction sheet? SunRay or your dealer will be happy to send you one. LIMITER - left switch - ON is Down position - OFF is Up position. Mode (detector compatibility) - right switch

More info here: http://www.sunraydetector.com/

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i

OopsN/T
Date: September 12, 2010 02:54PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 02:55PM by Larry (IL).

Date: September 12, 2010 03:44PM
I'm actually really wondering about the compatibility of the 5900 with these $100+ phones. I got many automatic replies on another site to go to the SR phones back after getting my MD running, yet one thing I have found over the recent years, is that many people don't really read what you really wrote, and comment off the cuff, so the "5900" was possibly overlooked. Most owners today are digital owners, so it is definitely possible that my purchase on the SR Golds could have been far less expensive, IF the 5900 isn't capable of stereo anyway. Thanks, it's not that big a deal for me anyway since so far, I can't seem to find real paybacks for wearing these while hunting in my own yard, they are intrusive even though comfortable. I don't think I could tell a whisper if I ever heard one, so these phones might have been money I could have saved. I'm sure I will maybe use them in time, but I do have a cheaper pair of MDing phones with dual controls I got at a garage sale for 3 bucks. Neither have impressed me yet, but the $3 ones seem to work as well as the Golds. I need to spend more time under both though to know for sure. martin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 03:45PM by 5900_XL-1.

Date: September 12, 2010 03:54PM
If you are getting sound out of one side of the headphones, Radio Shack sells a mono to stereo adaptor for a few bucks. If memory serves me right, the 5900 should work OK with stereo headphones even though the audio is mono.

Date: September 12, 2010 04:47PM
Thanks. I just need to get used to these I guess. Both sides work, in face that is the only mode besides totally off with any of the switch settings I have tried. I would have thought that I could switch to just one ear. I hardly use'm anyway. martin

Larry{IL} Sold me a pair and i want to tell you.
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: September 21, 2010 03:05AM
I did not realize how good they really were till the last couple of weeks.They are comfortable and of great quality.I found a couple of new programs for xlt and have be finding a lot of items last few weeks.But went to show somebody something on xlt without the headphones plugged in and that is when i realized how great the headphones were all the items i was hearing and finding were greatly do to the quality of the phones.Had other headphones but did not allow the sounds off the items though with these phones you can hear the junk items and good items and thus reducing your time on your knees digging junk.Great phones

Posted by: capt. jas.
Date: November 06, 2010 06:00PM
I got the golds first and then received the White's one. BIG difference although the White's are good uns.

Posted by: S.S.Tupperware
Date: November 22, 2010 08:18PM
Well after a while, these things still rock... I can't hear the surf poundin when it's rough...