Findmall.com

Sun Ray Detector Electronics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
xf-1 probe question
Posted by: itjisfo
Date: February 12, 2011 08:59PM
I am new to this hobby and just purchased a ace350 and a xf-1 probe and love this setup!!! I have had some good luck the only issue I run across is the selector switch keeps getting switched on me .. I am not sure how but it seems to happen a lot has anyone seen a guard or something to stop this from happening ??

Re: xf-1 probe question
Posted by: hershey1
Date: February 13, 2011 07:33PM
I still forget to switch mine sometimes but have never had the switch change itself. I'm sure if that switch is defective Ralph will take care of it. Good luck.

Posted by: Ralph Sun Ray
Date: February 14, 2011 08:18AM
The switch does not flip by itself. It has to be moved by either the operator or some other force.

Ralph (Sun Ray)

Posted by: itjisfo
Date: February 14, 2011 04:24PM
yea in the wooded area I hunt the scrub oaks sometimes flip the detector selection switch ..

Is there a way to eliminate it ???

not the fault of the probe at all it is the terrain i am hunting

Posted by: Ralph Sun Ray
Date: February 14, 2011 04:38PM
The only way I know of is to maybe tape the switch in the position you want it to be - possibly black electrical tape. Maybe someone else will chime in here with other suggestions.

Ralph (Sun Ray

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: February 14, 2011 05:49PM
The trouble with electrical tape is it leaves a (sticky) residue.---Also, you need to be able to switch back & forth from coil to probe.----If I were going to go the tape route, I would use gaffers tape, it's excellent tape that can be re-applied numerous times with no residue.------Looks to me like the BEST thing would be applying a "trigger guard" (of sorts) over the switch.---It could be of a plastic or metal material applied to the switch box.---maybe glued on?------Would that void a warranty Ralph?---------Del

Posted by: joedirt
Date: April 27, 2011 08:08PM
Maybe tie a string leash to the toggle switch and the other end to a Velcro band. When done, pull the Velcro band up the pole and secure it so that if something hits the toggle it can't be pulled out of position. Or secure a rubber band to the pole and then pull it down around the toggle switch to accomplish the same thing. If done right, I could see how this would keep constant tension on the switch in one direction or the other.

Never tried to make one. Just thinking out loud.

Posted by: norman maassey
Date: April 30, 2011 10:30PM
hershey1
I still forget to switch mine sometimes but have never had the switch change itself. I'm sure if that switch is defective Ralph will take care of it. Good luck.

This is my problem Too Man I hate doing that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login