Findmall.com

Sun Ray Detector Electronics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Question about install of Sun Ray probe for Etrac
Posted by: BarberDan
Date: August 16, 2011 10:15PM
Can someone verify that the detector doesn't have to be sent in to have the probe installed. I've heard that it has, but it doesn't make sense to me....because I installed the probe on my Ace350. I'm currently purchasing an ETrac and just wanted to make sure.
thanks!

Re: Question about install of Sun Ray probe for Etrac
Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: August 16, 2011 10:28PM
With the Explorers/E-trac/safari or the Quattro the probe is mounted on the shaft right at Sun Ray, so 1 option is sending in the upper shaft and have a X-1 mounted on that shaft. Most people will buy the extra shaft and have a X-1 mounted so there is no lost time with the detector. I think you will find most Sun Ray dealers will sell the probe with it mounted on the upper shaft, this way if you ever have to send it in for repair you can take the probe off and put the reg upper shaft on.
So what some say is true in a way as the probe has to be mounted on the shaft because of the wire that goes to the control box has to be added inside the upper shaft and this is only done at Sun Ray, but if you buy a new probe with the upper shaft then it is already done for you and easy to put on.

Re: Question about install of Sun Ray probe for Etrac
Posted by: BarberDan
Date: August 16, 2011 11:33PM
Thanks for the info Rick....much appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login