Findmall.com

American Ghost Town Hunters

Welcome! Log In Register
Found some buttons etc. . recently :minelab:
Posted by: TwoRivers
Date: January 25, 2012 04:27PM
My buddy Andy and myself did some hunting in some bean fields recently. I found some buttons and things. Look on the link below..some recent finds

Cool finds. :thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Craig in Alabama
Date: January 25, 2012 05:19PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Nice finds Two.:thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Elson(La)
Date: January 25, 2012 06:03PM

I recently found a lead ball just like that, maybe a little smaller, but smooth like a typical round ball................
Posted by: therick
Date: January 25, 2012 09:56PM
Someone hypothesized that it may ahve been used on the tip of an arrow as a "stunning" point rather that a penetrating point. That way when you hunted small game like rabbits and squirrels, you hit them with one of these instead of mutilating such a small target. Don't know if it's true or not but it made sense.

therick

Nice finds, TR....any idea what the image is on the button in the bottom photos?N/T
Posted by: Magyar
Date: January 25, 2012 10:49PM

Re: Nice finds and hope you will find many more oldies! :thumbup: :angel: Ma BettyN/T
Posted by: Ma Betty in MO
Date: January 25, 2012 11:19PM

That round ball might be a muzzle loader rifle nipple protector although it would be way large at about 1" wide.N/T
Posted by: Ed SW Fla
Date: January 26, 2012 06:19AM

"Laugh and the world will laugh with you."
Don't laugh .... go away you are no fun.

Re: Nice finds, TR....any idea what the image is on the button in the bottom photos?
Date: January 26, 2012 07:05AM
Mag ...the image on the bottom photos? That is a large cent from the 1820s, it's called a Matron Head...

HH John

Re: I recently found a lead ball just like that, maybe a little smaller, but smooth like a typical round ball................
Date: January 26, 2012 07:10AM
TRick.............The stunning weapon notion could be correct, it would defintely do a number on small game etc...

OMG! Two Rivers, I meant to type "COIN"....This is truly embarrassing! :rage: It was late at night...half asleep.. :rolleyes: terrific coin find! :yo:.N/T
Posted by: Magyar
Date: January 26, 2012 07:33AM

Sweet digs John. My initial thots on yer lead ball was maybe a pulled ball. Then you menationed the dotted pattern so now i'm thinkin boredom drove someone to make somethin they never finished.N/T
Posted by: Jim West Pa
Date: January 26, 2012 11:33AM

Nice old buttons.N/T
Posted by: Vernon in Virginia~Formerly Alaska
Date: January 26, 2012 10:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login