Findmall.com

American Ghost Town Hunters

Welcome! Log In Register
I think you'll really enjoy this. I never knew that Tom Hanks dad sang with The Diamonds. You can really see the resemblance, especially in the 1st performance. Be sure to watch the 2nd performance by the group 47 years later.
Posted by: Vernon in Virginia~Formerly Alaska
Date: February 15, 2012 08:40AM
2 Performances 47 years apart
FYI, the lead singer of the Diamonds is also the father of TOM HANKS.

If you were alive in 1957, and old enough to enjoy Rock and Roll, you will probably remember the group, "The Diamonds" who had just launched their super hit "Little Darlin' ". For you that are too young to remember - it was a time when the performers were happy, enjoying themselves, respecting their fans, dressed appropriately and their lyrics could be understood. They did not feel obligated to scream, eat the microphone, mumble inaudible lyrics or trash the set.

In 1957, The Diamonds had a hit with "Little Darlin". 47 years later, they were requested to perform at Atlantic City ... This link leads to both performances.

Watch the first one then scroll down for the new one 47 years later. I may have posted this before but it's worth another view.

http://www.flixxy.com/the-diamonds-little-darlin-1957-2004..htm

WOW, you can see Tom right off in the lead singer( far left ) in the first clip.!! Tom even does that thing with his fingers on his nose today. lol They look a lot more alike when his dad was younger. GREAT jamm too :thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Jim West Pa
Date: February 15, 2012 08:58AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

WHOAA..wait a minute, hold the phone even..........
Date: February 15, 2012 09:59AM
Hanks was born in Concord, California. His father, Amos Mefford Hanks (born in Glenn County, California, on March 9, 1924

.N/T
Date: February 15, 2012 10:04AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 10:07AM by Vernon in Virginia~Formerly Alaska.

Re: Well that's bumber ~ he looked so much like hank that I didn't even check. But I know this to be true....
Date: February 15, 2012 10:06AM

Oh my, yer gittin predictable.I was laughin out loud before i even opened this :lol: :lol: Still a way cool jamm. I've watched that clip a half dozen times :thumbup: Allthough some o' the lyrics are like Louie Louie :blink: :lol:N/T
Date: February 15, 2012 10:46AM

Oh, Boy! One of my favorite songs of all time! I remember putting the radio hard up against my ear just to hear it as loud as I could .They are a terific group; my favorite was not the lead singer...it was the baritone ..thanks for posting it, Vernon
Posted by: Magyar
Date: February 15, 2012 03:18PM
"All the ladies swoon for the tenor, but the bass takes them home" :angel:

(Norman Luboff)
M

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 03:29PM by Magyar.

.( Mistake..) ....Betty , it happened again!..The program 's fault, of course :rofl:N/T
Date: February 15, 2012 03:25PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 03:31PM by Magyar.

Re: Oh, Boy! One of my favorite songs of all time! I remember putting the radio hard up against my ear just to hear it as loud as I could .They are a terific group; my favorite was not the lead singer...it was the baritone ..thanks for posting it, VernonN/T
Date: February 15, 2012 03:29PM

.I give up! :rage:N/T
Date: February 15, 2012 03:31PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 03:32PM by Magyar.

Vernon, you are invited to the playground in our backyard ... :rofl:N/T
Date: February 15, 2012 04:40PM

Re: .Of course it is the prgram's fault! :rofl: :smile: :angel: Ma BettyN/T
Posted by: Ma Betty in MO
Date: February 15, 2012 05:14PM

Re: OHHHHH! OUCH, OUCH and more OUCHES :lol: :angel: Ma BettyN/T
Posted by: Ma Betty in MO
Date: February 15, 2012 05:17PM

Thanks Vernon. It was nice to see a performance that didn't involve some dork warming up a chainsaw with a pentagram tatoo on his forehead and a chicken stapled to his face.N/T
Posted by: DC/Id
Date: February 15, 2012 05:22PM

Think of it as a second performance an hour later. :lol:N/T
Posted by: DC/Id
Date: February 15, 2012 05:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login