Findmall.com

American Ghost Town Hunters

Welcome! Log In Register
Spiney lobsters
Posted by: Au79finger
Date: February 16, 2012 05:55PM
Does anyone have any experience catching Florida's spiney lobster without a boat? Are they still available to catch in March? Thinking of making a trip and would like to try catching a few. Any specifics appreciated. Thanks

I've had luck using my toes but it's a rough way to go... I only caught 10 before I ran out of bait. :lol:N/T
Posted by: Vernon in Virginia~Formerly Alaska
Date: February 16, 2012 06:02PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 06:02PM by Vernon in Virginia~Formerly Alaska.

Get a license and check FL's fishing website for legals.N/T
Posted by: Bobbie
Date: February 16, 2012 06:19PM

Re: Spiney lobsters
Posted by: Au79finger
Date: February 16, 2012 07:41PM
Already researched legal info and basic "how to". Was just wondering if they are still catch able in March and where a good starting point would be from the bank. In SC deer season is still open in December, but bucks are few and far between. Not a good time for a 1st timer to hunt. Not wanting to waste a day of detecting trying to catch them if they aren't readily available. Hoping a local will point me in the right direction.

Re: Are you sure Vernon that you still have ten? :shocked: :lol: :angel: Ma BettyN/T
Posted by: Ma Betty in MO
Date: February 16, 2012 11:47PM

You might want to contact a sports writer from the local paper on where you are planning to go. Good luck.N/T
Posted by: Ed SW Fla
Date: February 17, 2012 06:44AM

"Laugh and the world will laugh with you."
Don't laugh .... go away you are no fun.

All the lobsters I have seen have been very close to melted butter, You might try using that for bait. :lol:N/T
Posted by: DC/Id
Date: February 17, 2012 05:18PM

:lol:N/T
Posted by: Vernon in Virginia~Formerly Alaska
Date: February 17, 2012 05:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login