Findmall.com

American Ghost Town Hunters

Welcome! Log In Register
Congrats Jim, an honorable profession. At least amoung those that read this forum.N/T
Posted by: cyberdan (SoCA)
Date: June 04, 2012 04:48PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

cyberdan (at garage sales I am dollardan)

Deputy's here in Alabama have full police powers. That really seems strange that they would not have them.N/T
Posted by: Lawrence in Alabama
Date: June 05, 2012 08:36AM

congrats to him and you for raising a great son:thumbup:N/T
Posted by: firefighter254
Date: June 05, 2012 11:13AM

Welcome to the 'bin' firefighter :lol: That young man jist made the right choices in life. Me ? Well..i jist gave him the right 'boots' as a youngin. He sure needed a lot of 'em too.N/T
Posted by: Jim West Pa
Date: June 05, 2012 02:18PM

Interesting statement...... Our deputy Sheriffs have police powers throughout the entire county.
Posted by: Elton
Date: August 14, 2015 03:33PM
When I was a police officer they used to assist us if needed and vice versus if they were near our areas, and needed backup.
PA being a commonwealth State has some different laws.. Could be only there they have no police powers. Or that is the system set up in their boroughs or counties..

They may not be road patrol enforcement .................

What do they do when on duty...................... Man the jails ??????????????? Civil duties ?? and or court room enforcement ????

Either way .you should be very proud he is a deputy ...and a police officer......... Sounds like you raised him right Jim...

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2015 03:46PM by Elton.

Re: Interesting statement...... Our deputy Sheriffs have police powers throughout the entire county.
Posted by: cyberdan (SoCA)
Date: December 10, 2016 02:31PM
Elton
Could be only there they have no police powers. Or that is the system set up in their boroughs or counties..
They may not be road patrol enforcement .................
What do they do when on duty...................... Man the jails ??????????????? Civil duties ?? and or court room enforcement ????

When I was a Deputy sheriff. I was a fully sworn law enforcement officer. I patrolled the back roads in a 4 wheel drive, it was very rural north east WA. Couldn't man the jail, it was right out of Mayberry and condemned. I think it was only 2 cells and we kept out winter tires in there. Any arrests were transported to the next county.

Some of my duties were that of a fish & game officer too, but I never checked for fishing licenses.

cyberdan (at garage sales I am dollardan)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login