Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
:minelab: the eBook, "Understanding your X-TERRA", is available FREE :minelab:
Posted by: Digger
Date: June 01, 2011 07:43PM
http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk/understanding-your-x-terra-ebook

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After 45-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Re: It's official! My book, "Understanding your X-TERRA" is now available FREE
Posted by: oldbob55
Date: June 02, 2011 12:33PM
Digger i just want to thank you for all your hard work on this book im sure it will help alot of people here and around the world. I just downloaded the book it looks great

HH to all

Bob

Date: June 02, 2011 01:34PM
Thanks Bob. It was a long task. But I figure it is my way of giving back to a hobby that has been so good to me, for so many years. HH Randy

After 45-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Posted by: Jack Beam
Date: June 02, 2011 08:50PM
Thanks Randy! I have read your explanations and insights on everything. When I found this hobby a few years ago and then this forum, your opinions on things makes detecting much easier! I feel like I've already read your book. I appreciate your hard work! I'll definitely check out your book! Thanks again! HH J.B.

Posted by: TomB
Date: June 02, 2011 09:01PM
Randy...thanks for sharing your knowledge and skill on the Minelab X-Terra line of detectors. Minelad has produced one of the best group of detectors and thanks to you the use of these detectors has been simplified. Thanks Randy and Minelab.
HH TomB

Smile...It may be your last one.
X-Terra 705
X-Terra 70 6" DD 18.75kHz coil
9" 7.5 Concentric coil....... 10.5 DD 7.5kHz coil
9" 3.0 kHz Concentric coil 5X10 DD 18.75 Elliptical coil
Pistol Probe pin pointer ....... Sun Ray Pro headphones
Gray Ghost headphones Doc's Swingy Thingy Times 2

Date: June 02, 2011 10:08PM
Thanks J.B. Glad to hear you've picked up some tips on this forum. And I hope you enjoy the eBook. HH Randy

Date: June 02, 2011 10:15PM
Thanks Tom, As you know, how one person sets up their detector may or may not be the best settings for someone hunting in a different location. The point of "Understanding your X-TERRA" is simply that...... understand how the functionality works and how to best tweak it for any given application. I hope that I've been able to accomplish that with the eBook. HH Randy

Posted by: sarge1stone
Date: June 02, 2011 11:12PM
The book is great! You spent a great deal of time and effort on it. Thank You! I learned somethings from it and I know I need to read it again. I learned I need to cut my sweep speed in half. Thanks again!

Date: June 02, 2011 11:18PM
You're welcome. Slow down that sweep speed and overlap those swaths. :detecting: Thanks for the comments. HH Randy

Posted by: TURNMASTER
Date: June 02, 2011 11:23PM
Well, I gave it a good browsing and I believe it is well done.

Jeff

TURNMASTER
Does "Just my two cents" have the same meaning on a treasure hunters forum?
X-Terra 705 & AT Pro

Oldest coin; 1895 Indian Head Penny

Posted by: Steve in Idaho
Date: June 03, 2011 12:09AM
Thanks Digger and Minelab. This is great reading and help for people just getting with the X-Terra detectors.

Posted by: MT_VertCaver
Date: June 03, 2011 12:12AM
Great book! Thanks for all the effort!

I really liked the "Q&A With Laurence" section....especially the explanation of how coil frequency affects the X-Terra's TID.

Big thanks to Minelab for making this available as a FREE ebook!

Minelab X-Terra 70, 10" MF DD, 9" MF concentric, 5x10" HF DD
Montana

Posted by: Smithfire
Date: June 03, 2011 08:31AM
That's awesome news! Can't wait to download it!
Thanks for the many hours you invested in this project.

Clive

Date: June 03, 2011 09:23AM
Thank you Jeff, I appreciate it! HH Randy

Date: June 03, 2011 09:24AM
Thanks Steve, I hope it will be a good resource for those learning their X-TERRA, as well as providing some "reminders" for those who have used them for some time. HH Randy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login