Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Best way to find gold at the beach ?
Posted by: pilot
Date: August 01, 2011 09:44AM
I was wondering, with all the variables in gold jewelry would it be better to hunt in prospecting mode. Really haven't read too much on the propecting section.

Re: Best way to find gold at the beach ?
Posted by: amberjack
Date: August 01, 2011 10:56AM
if hunting dry sand what every setting will get the most depth is my theory and dig everything has to improve the chances, someone who knows more than me will know what setting that is i hope :smile:

Posted by: T.A.L.LasVegas
Date: August 01, 2011 01:43PM
Look on page 24 of the ebook at the top of this form, digger explains beach settings there and it looks like that page would be very helpful.
HH, Todd

Posted by: ajrobbs
Date: August 01, 2011 06:03PM
Due to the fact that sand is easy to dig as apposed to dirt, I tend to dig most targets on the beach. You never know unless you dig it!! Aaron

Posted by: FortuneFinder73
Date: August 01, 2011 07:02PM
If I can remember correctly I put the 705 in beach mode and did auto ground tracking and just ran a regualr coin&jewerly pattern for example like preset mode 2, and did really well with the 705 at the beach and for the most part the ids were right on. Found Gold, silver, coins and of course trash too... I was even getting positive hits for targets so deep my little cheapo hand trowel couldnt find them... that made me make a note to myself to bring the lesche shovel next time... oh yeah and a heavy duty sand scooper... as you can tell that was my first beach experience

Whites MXT with stock coil & 5.3 concentric
Garrett Pro Pointer
Lesche Sampson, Lesche trowel
Killer B Wasps, Koss

Posted by: ajrobbs
Date: August 01, 2011 09:09PM
G'day, yep 705 is great on beach, especially in the dry sand. I tend to hunt on pattern 1, concerned I might miss some gold jewelry which can have low TID'S and may be missed in pattern 2. Again when on the beach it is so easy to dig I figure why not just take a look to be sure, dirt and harder ground is another story. Best of luck, Aaron

Posted by: Terra1959
Date: August 02, 2011 01:54AM
IMHO...beach mode, tracking on, Sens. as high as she will go without falsing ( for me : dry 25 -27 / wet 14 -17) with a DD coil
Dig the low tones for 9k
good luck

downunder ... South Australia.

X-Terra70 , CTX3030

Garrett Pro pointer, D. Pistol Probe

Posted by: kiwi-jim
Date: August 02, 2011 03:41AM
Yip Terra hit the nail on the head,turn that sens down until the falsing just stops
run in all metal and dig all targets,many a time I have dug up what sounded like
junk and turned out to be a coin or better.....good luck

Posted by: pilot
Date: August 02, 2011 12:46PM
Thanks guys !!!! I was searching in all metal mode running the sensitivity as high as I could. I was thinking about trying prospecting mode and not having to dig all the pennies and clads but you are right, it is easy diggin and why not dig all the hits !

Posted by: amberjack
Date: August 03, 2011 07:26AM
go often and dig everything one day gold will show up it has no choice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login