Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Where are you from.
Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: August 07, 2011 08:31AM
We have alot of new members and old members and I was just wondering where everyone is from and what kind of hunting do you do most? I will start out. I am from Kentucky not far from Abraham Lincolns birth place. I like hunting civil war relics the best but have coin hunted the longest. I just got into relic hunting about a year ago.
Coils used 6 inch dd, 9 inch 18.75 for civil war lead, 10.5 7.5 khz, and stock coil.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70

Re: Where are you from.
Posted by: T.A.L.LasVegas
Date: August 07, 2011 08:52AM
Las Vegas here and so far just coin shooting with 5x10 DD hf coil.
HH
Todd

Posted by: WoodsWalker
Date: August 07, 2011 09:18AM
South Central Massachusetts..Hi gang..sorry i haven't posted at all in the past 1/2 year..Been wicked busy. Haven't gotten into the full swing of things yet this year. trying to get out here and there when i can, but only for about an hour at a time..The fall is when i will be very active. Just recently purchased the 3kHz 9 inch coil per Toms good luck with it. Tom i like it also..Acts a little different than the 7.5 and 6 inch dd, but it definitely does go deeper! thanks for the advice..just got it about 3 weeks ago..haven't had much fun with it yet, but i have found my first 2 cent piece with it and a couple IH's! Hope all are having a good summer and great finds! Emmett

Terra 705 with 6dd,stock and 3kHz 9"

Massachusetts
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab X-Terra 30

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: August 07, 2011 09:21AM
T.A.L.LasVegas
Las Vegas here and so far just coin shooting with 5x10 DD hf coil.
HH
Todd
My sister lives in pahrump nevada , not to far from death valley.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70

Posted by: Jack Beam
Date: August 07, 2011 09:29AM
I'm from north central Ohio. Around the Mansfield area. I coin hunt the most,but, I find some relics along the way too. I mainly use the 3khz coil unless to trashy then the high freq.DD coil will get used.

Posted by: nuggetripper
Date: August 07, 2011 09:44AM
bozeman Montana .use my 705 for coin and gold some relic. I've been using the 5by10 18.75 dd coil works well in the area

Posted by: MT_VertCaver
Date: August 07, 2011 10:53AM
Denton, MT (Hi, nuggetriper!) I hunt the local park with the stock coil.

Minelab X-Terra 70, 10" MF DD, 9" MF concentric, 5x10" HF DD
Montana

Posted by: EOS
Date: August 07, 2011 11:55AM
Michael from Sweden an hour and half west of Stockholm.
Like to hunt most things but mainly coins.
Use

USA, Bolivar, Ohio, have lived in Bavaria Germany for 25 yrs now! HHN/T
Posted by: Bavaria Mike
Date: August 07, 2011 12:22PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

We grew up close, I've stomped around Mansfield. HHN/T
Posted by: Bavaria Mike
Date: August 07, 2011 12:27PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: RickIowa2009
Date: August 07, 2011 12:37PM
Rick, Cedar Rapids Iowa
Love all kinds of detecting!

Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: August 07, 2011 01:41PM
I'm in Michigan, a little south of the capitol, in rural farm country. I'm primarily a coin shooter, using a Fisher F2 for a scout machine (always in the truck), and a 705 w/stock 9" MF concentric & 10.5" HF DD & 9" LF concentric.
Soil conditions here vary greatly depending on exactly where I'm hunting. Anything from sand, to baked hard brown and gray clay, to black muck, to peat, to soft rich topsoil. The challenges here are picking the right coil for the conditions, and of course finding somwhere that hasn't previously been hit hard.

Posted by: Chris Mac
Date: August 07, 2011 02:16PM
Lincoln, England. Home of George Boole (The guy who invented Boolean algebra; the maths that make the Xterra possible). I have a 704 with a 10.5 dd mf coil. and hunt for anything valuable.

Posted by: Digger
Date: August 07, 2011 02:30PM
I've been hunting for old coins at old sites around SW Iowa, NW Missiouri and SE Nebraska for nearly 40 years. As I've mentioned various times, "old" is relative to where you live. Since this part of the Country wasn't settled until the mid-1850's, most of the sites I search have the potential of yielding IH cents, Seated and Barber silver etc. In my moderately mineralized ground, I use the 9-inch concentric at 3 kHz for wide open spaces and hook up the 6-inch DD at 18.75 kHz when things get congested. HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After 40+ years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Posted by: wbshaw
Date: August 07, 2011 02:32PM
South central Pennsylvania
20 south of Altoona
Coin hunt cellar holes and old yards
I use mostly 10.5 DD HF and the stock coil
HH to all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login