Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New coil
Posted by: hunter12
Date: February 10, 2012 09:17AM
I ordered a new coil for my XT 505, I bought the minelab 10.5" DD 7.5 coil. What can I expect from this coil, how different is it than the standard 9" concentric it came with . I like the standard coil alto , but most of my buddies use DD coils so i figured it wouldn't be bad to have one. How do you work the coil from the standard one.

Re: New coil
Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: February 10, 2012 09:38AM
Depth will be nearly the same as the stock coil. The difference is primarily in it's ability to separate. The shape of the search pattern is more blade-like, as opposed to conical.
Another advantage, is that you won't need to overlap your swings as much, since the bottom of the pattern doesn't have the same point in it's center as the concentric.
These illustrations depict the differences in patterns pretty well.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Only Difference Between A Rut And A Grave........Is Depth!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: DirtAngler
Date: February 10, 2012 11:27AM
First off, it's a good coil but heavier and makes your machine feel nose heavy compared to the stock coils. The other thing is that depending on your ground mineralization, it could be deeper or even not as deep as your stock coil. Check out the FAQ FAQ section about ground conditions.

Lebanon County, Pa.
M6, TRX, Garrett propointer
Please learn and follow the metal detecting code of ethics for all of us

Posted by: Jellyfish
Date: February 10, 2012 11:30AM
How will the DD coil affect the pinpoint location?

So far I've been using the 9" MF CC on some test coins and in Auto Pinpoint I get a strong signal and pull the coil back until it drops out. Then I move it forward to reacquire and the target is right under the front of the inner coil.

I also have the DD HF elliptical coil and would try it out today, but there is some snow in the yard right now and it looks like a little more is headed this way tonight. Just looking for a heads up on what I should expect.

Thanks!

Montgomery County, PA

"Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair." - George Burns

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login