Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Problem with ground balancing 705
Posted by: pplinker
Date: May 29, 2017 12:07PM
The instruction manual says to find a clear piece of ground. If the sensitivity is up very high, I can't find a clear piece of ground. Thanks for any help.

pplinker

Re: Problem with ground balancing 705
Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: May 29, 2017 12:36PM
First, in tough or variable ground, GB Tracking is invaluable. Turn it ON.

Second, in extremely trashy conditions a smaller coil is a HUGE advantage. If the trash density is as high as you describe, a standard coil may not be suitable, because there will be too many targets in the detection field at once, making ID very difficult. And, if you run in DISC mode with any amount of discrimination, you may find that the machine is in a virtually constant state of NULL.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: pplinker
Date: May 29, 2017 04:53PM
I do have a small Coiltek digger coil. I'll try the GB tracking. Thanks for the info.
pplinker

Posted by: bd1024
Date: June 19, 2017 04:18PM
The GB tracking is a feature on the 705 that a lot of people overlook. --- I use it most always, just don't forget to toggle it off when you have a target that you might want to dig.

Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: June 19, 2017 07:34PM
bd1024
just don't forget to toggle it off when you have a target that you might want to dig.
I seldom do. Most of the target "disappearing" with tracking on stories are attributable to undeveloped pinpointing skills, causing the operator to hover over a target longer than necessary. In the odd instance that it does happen, it's typically on a small very low conductor.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: BillF
Date: June 20, 2017 07:49PM
I also do not turn tracking off. It only takes a couple of swipes over a target to pinpoint it. I've never had one disappear yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login