Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
5x10DD HF Coil! Awesome!
Posted by: bd1024
Date: July 03, 2017 11:23AM
Hi everyone, I have begun to hunt more frequently with my 5x10 HF DD coil on my 705. ---- I have discovered that by using 4 tones, and the All Metal mode, this coil keeps getting better and better. -- The soil is fairly mild in most places I hunt, (primarily coins and jewelry), and though I own 3 other ML coils, the 5x10 is my favorite. --- I had not tried using the 4 tones before, thinking that 3 tones was all my brain could handle. --- To my surprise, 4 tones is easier and better. -- It gives the higher conductor coins, (both silver and clad) a much more distinctive tone. ---- On my hunt yesterday, I was able to identify my targets (for the most part) without looking at the VDI display. --- I would take a guess at the number before looking at the display, and was usually within a digit or 2 of the readout. --- If you haven't used the 4 tone option, I highly recommend it. And the all metal mode will get you 1-2" more depth. Just thought I would pass it on. Thanks

Re: 5x10DD HF Coil! Awesome!
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: July 12, 2017 01:33PM
What is the frequency of your 5x10?

Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: July 12, 2017 03:13PM
Tony N (Michigan)
What is the frequency of your 5x10?
There is only one authorized 5x10" available, and as his post indicates it is a HF coil (18.75kHz).
Personally, I find it to be one of the least useful for where I hunt and what I hunt for.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: ahunter
Date: July 20, 2017 07:36PM
My wife hunts with the HF 5x10" all the time and 9 times out of ten she will find more good targets than anyone in our group. Yes, it is a performer.

Posted by: Neil
Date: July 24, 2017 10:23PM
My favorite Xterra coil is the 5X10.

in everything give thanks

Etrac
X5
Xterra 705
T2

SunrayGold and Detectorpro Black Widow headphones

Date: July 25, 2017 08:03AM
My favorite Xterra coil is the 5X10.

Etrac
X5
Xterra 705
T2

Posted by: WoodsWalker
Date: July 25, 2017 10:57AM
Hi Neil. Just curious, why is the 5x10 you favorite coil. Thanks. HH All

Emmett:usaflag:

"When in doubt, dig it out!!!

Live in Massachusetts

Minelab X-Terra 705 w/
9inch CC 7.5 and 3kHz
6inch DD 18.75kHz

Minelab X-Terra 70
Minelab X-Terra 30

Garrett Pro Pointer

And pleanty of patience!!

Posted by: gmccool
Date: November 08, 2017 11:56AM
I live in Germany and I have 3 Coils for my X-Terra and I like the 5X10 the best. With its High Frequency ip picks up the smallest bronze and silver you could easily pass over with a LF or MF coil. I have found a few small silvers smaller than your small fingernail.
Now I am waiting to get a new 5X10 or get the both of them fixed! Broken ears and shorting:(

My Go-To Coil!
Posted by: morelic55
Date: November 08, 2017 06:26PM
I relic hunt and I use it to explore a site. Great down to about 8-9 inches in our dirt, great in a patch of iron nails also!! Any deeper and I switch over to the 10.5dd

Diggin' In The Missouri Ozarks

Re: My Go-To Coil!
Date: November 08, 2017 06:43PM
morelic55
I relic hunt and I use it to explore a site. Great down to about 8-9 inches in our dirt, great in a patch of iron nails also!! Any deeper and I switch over to the 10.5dd[/quote

It seperates targets really well.]

Etrac
X5
Xterra 705
T2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login