Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coil Eartags Fixed!
Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 01, 2017 05:01PM
Since it was raining today, DH worked on my broken 3KHZ coil. First he drew a paper pattern from a silhouette of an unbroken ear. He used a jig saw to cut material from a black plastic bucket. Then he used a fine tooth scroll saw to cut out the actual repair pieces. He said the ear tags are curved so the natural curve of the bucket worked to his advantage. Anyway, he does have a plastic welder, so he welded the pieces on. I watched him during some of the welding and he would melt the plastic then wet his finger and pinch the hot plastic to smooth it up. (he's got tough fingers) Ran a drill bit through the rough opening then sanded it a little. You can certainly tell it's been repaired, but it's sturdy. Better than new! Thanks to my king of DIY husband!

He could have welded along the bottom edge near the coil but he didn't want to get any heat there, not knowing how inner workings are insulated, etc.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: Coil Eartags Fixed!
Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: September 02, 2017 09:31AM
:thumbup: Looks great!
Form follows function, and it looks like it will last now.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: Yaridnac
Date: September 03, 2017 07:38PM
Great job!!!! ^_^

Live for Today, Tomorrow no Regrets!!! ^_^

X-Terra 70 MF CC and 6" SDD HF Coil
AT PRO Original Coil (just order the nel 12x13" soooo excited) should be here 9/5/17
Whites Spectra V3i with 10"DD coil & 9"Spider Coil
Garrett Pinpointer
Garrett AT "The Carrot" Pinpointer
Tesoro Compadre
AT Pro Gold 5x8" & Sniper Coil

Posted by: WoodsWalker
Date: September 06, 2017 11:01AM
That is so wayyyyyy cool! Nice job! Happy Hunting Again!

Emmett:usaflag:

"When in doubt, dig it out!!!

Live in Massachusetts

Minelab X-Terra 705 w/
9inch CC 7.5 and 3kHz
6inch DD 18.75kHz

Minelab X-Terra 70
Minelab X-Terra 30

Garrett Pro Pointer

And pleanty of patience!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login