Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
xterra obsolete
Posted by: Hello
Date: September 18, 2017 01:22PM
Will Minelab stop making the x-terra 705 do you think ? if their new machine makes all other VLF detectors obsolete?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 01:24PM by Hello.

Re: xterra obsolete
Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: September 18, 2017 02:32PM
I have no idea what Minelab as planned for the Xterra line, but I won't sell my 705 under any circumstances. I like that with my Xterra I can choose a single frequency below 5kHz, which is the lowest single frequency the new Equinox offers.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: September 19, 2017 09:31AM
Perhaps...depends if they are still a good profit margin....still a coin magnet in the right hands....

Posted by: colt
Date: September 19, 2017 07:15PM
I have a super clean 70 on its way. Had one years ago that was a hot little son of a pup. I made the mistake of selling it to try other detectors. I have used the 705's and they are great on old silver, but sure missed the 70. Looking forward to another 70.

Posted by: HEBEGB
Date: September 19, 2017 08:05PM
It won't be obsolete for me. I just got my first one about a month ago and, while I have yet to find silver with it, I am liking it a lot. So much so that I just ordered a second! I plan on leaving my Digger coil on one and using the HF elliptical to search for "turf" gold on the other. NICE MACHINE!

Date: September 21, 2017 02:31PM
I have had my x-terra 705 and various coils for 8 years and a cscope before that. I will be keeping the x-terra at least until i do some in ground testing between the x-terra and the Equinox.

Posted by: bd1024
Date: September 24, 2017 05:01PM
Mine is not for sale. ---- Say what they will, I have seen NO significant improvement in metal detectors for about 10 years. ------Granted, the manufacturers claim to have invented a new miraculous machine, (like the AT MAX ) -(cough/cough)----but as it turns out, it is pretty much just a slightly higher powered AT Pro, and the additional power has cost the machine in terms of noise, problems with EMI, and a less stable machine, while only adding a very marginal amount of depth. -----the Deus? , (we won't go there)---- So I think I will keep my T2's, my 705, and my Racer2 until someone convinces me that a revolutionary new detector is available. --- From what I have seen and read about the Equinox, it does indeed look impressive, ---- but talk is cheap, and I still say that you will not detect anything unless you swing your detector over it. ---- More hours detecting = more finds. ------ Just my opinion............

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: September 27, 2017 04:15PM
bd1024
Mine is not for sale. ---- Say what they will, I have seen NO significant improvement in metal detectors for about 10 years. ------Granted, the manufacturers claim to have invented a new miraculous machine, (like the AT MAX ) -(cough/cough)----but as it turns out, it is pretty much just a slightly higher powered AT Pro, and the additional power has cost the machine in terms of noise, problems with EMI, and a less stable machine, while only adding a very marginal amount of depth. -----the Deus? , (we won't go there)---- So I think I will keep my T2's, my 705, and my Racer2 until someone convinces me that a revolutionary new detector is available. --- From what I have seen and read about the Equinox, it does indeed look impressive, ---- but talk is cheap, and I still say that you will not detect anything unless you swing your detector over it. ---- More hours detecting = more finds. ------ Just my opinion............

I'm in the same boat as you.
Though I don't have the Xterra, I have other Minelab machines. I will say the E-trac is much better than my SE and SE Pro (disclaimer: I recently sold the SE and SE Pro but hung on to my XS which I will NEVER sell), until I see newer technological advances, I'm keeping what I have.

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: October 04, 2017 11:09AM
Heck the XS was the deepest of the lot of Minelabs....

Posted by: pplinker
Date: October 04, 2017 03:08PM
Haven't been using my 705 but will keep it for a backup. With all the coils I've bought for it, I'd lose too much money to get rid of it. It has been an excellent machine and every time I got a new coil for it, it was like getting a new machine. Was thinking of giving it to my daughter because she's shown a lot of interest in my metal detecting finds. Have got my name on a waiting list for the Equinox, but i think i'll just have the Equinox sent to my daughter, and keep the 705. Would be nice if the Equinox came out before Christmas.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Date: October 04, 2017 03:28PM
ive never owned one but there seems to be a lot of people think the first explorer like the XS were deeper,when you speed up the recovery speed like on the later Explorer it caused a lose of depth. Which is probably true as detectors with a re-activity setting the faster the recovery you set the less depth you get, this was also mentioned on the Equinox vid .

Posted by: txop
Date: October 15, 2017 09:38AM
Minelab just dropped the price of the 705 to $499 yesterday. Not sure what this means?

Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: October 15, 2017 10:24AM
Sounds to me like they're going to kick the competition's butt across the spectrum of new and used machines.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: txop
Date: October 16, 2017 07:19PM
May be discontinued but it's only Obsolete if you don't use it.

I just bought one today after the price drop. I think it's the best value on a detector right now.

Discontinued, probably soon, but Far from Obsolete.

Posted by: Neil
Date: October 26, 2017 09:34AM
Minelab dropped the price of the Advantage before they discontinued it so most likely.
There are a lot of great machines still in use that have been discontinued.
New doesn't necessarily mean better.

in everything give thanks

Etrac
X5
Xterra 705
T2

SunrayGold and Detectorpro Black Widow headphones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login