Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: FAQFAQ.................Frequently Asked Questions
Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: February 05, 2013 04:49PM
lance1974
Hi, I have a question about the 705 x-terra on prospecting mode. i have the dd 18.75 coil and i realize you can adjust the threshold tone. when i hit on iron should my detector make a deep low tone or a sort of high tone? because i get a high tone.
Page 70 in Randy's E-book addresses your answer far better than anything in the factory manual.

Questions like this should be asked in the open forum.
In part, because you're more likely to get a variety of answers, in part because some there might have the same or similar questions, and frankly...it's not a "frequently" asked question.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: J hoss
Date: January 25, 2015 05:38AM
I purchased my Xterra 705 before I really knew that much about it. I had decided on a Garretts AT 350 until my local MD dealer took the time to explain several different detectors features. I Was taken by the Xterra's ability to change frequently by just changing coils. After he offered me a great price on the 705 I put it in layaway. I returned home and started researching my purchase on another forum. After making a comment on a thread thanking them for explaining a question on coils I Was told about this site. Now I can say this is the most informative site I have found. Thanks Tom!

My Greatest find is Jesus! My Gear Xterra 705 with 9" 7.5 kHz and a 5x10 18.75 kHz coils

Posted by: Donut
Date: February 03, 2017 09:58AM
Ok I know this post is old but I have a question . Here in Michigan my exterra 70 detector sits for six months so every spring I get out the manual to refresh myself . I noticed in all three patterns the # 48 is rejected . Why and what would be rejected by it ,

Doug

" Enjoy life and have fun with it* Go digging.
Doug;
Coloma,MI.
Xterra 70
Black Widow headphones
9" 7.5 kHz Concentric round coil
6" 7.5 kHz Concentric round coil
5 X 10 18.75 kHz DD elliptical coil
10.5 18.75 kHz DD round coil
Garrett pro pointer

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: February 03, 2017 05:09PM
It is usually big iron.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Date: February 04, 2017 01:46AM
Ok , thanks. Seems strange that iron would be on both ends of the screen scale of our units. It's no big deal I was just wondering.

Thanks for the reply , your friend Doug.
Ps: if only spring would get here, 6 month of no detecting is a bummer.

Doug;
Coloma,MI.
Xterra 70
Black Widow headphones
Garrett pro pointer

Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: February 04, 2017 07:43AM
Donut
Ok , thanks. Seems strange that iron would be on both ends of the screen scale of our units. It's no big deal I was just wondering.
Hey Doug, you would likely benefit greatly from downloading Randy's FREE e-book "Understanding Your Xterra". There's a ton of good useable information in it, including an explanation of what Randy call his theory of "Circular Discrimination" that you might find interesting.

That e-book is like the Bible for Xterra users. Everyone that owns an Xterra should have it.

Ingham County, Michigan

Date: February 04, 2017 10:08AM
Thanks but I already did , all 96 pages and in slide in clear folders and in a hard cover binder. I also did the same withe the OEM manual so I don't wear ny OEM out.
Now if someone could sprinkle gold nuggets here in Michigan for me . I truer envy those of you that are able to go out into the desert for nuggets . That is on my bucket list but I think my time will run out before that happen lol.
Thanks, Your Friend; Doug
Ps, hate how the board slowed down in winter.

Doug;
Coloma,MI.
Xterra 70
Black Widow headphones
Garrett pro pointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login