Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What Is Synchronized Audio Discrimination
Posted by: RELIC_HUNTER
Date: October 29, 2011 12:00PM
Anyone explain what this refers to.

Do you mean SPD (Synchronous Phase Discrimination) ?
Posted by: Monte
Date: November 05, 2011 09:56AM
The first modern motion discriminators were started by George Payne when he worked for Bounty Hunter and he designed the Rec Baron series. They used SPD. The Owner's Manual describes it as this:

The revolutionary new S.P.D.~ (Synchronous Phase Discrimination) circuitry enables Discrimination at VLF depths! This patented technique is a type of analog computer that reads the sensing signal of the combined target and matrix Supporting soil around the target),then subtracts the effects of the matrix--leaving only the sound of the target itself to analyze!

If not, where do you read about a Synchronized Audio Discrimination?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells

Just a name that brings back fond memories of old alkali desert favorite sites in Utah, Nevada, and Eastern Oregon. There is no pastime I enjoy more than hunting old sites as best I can, doing research, and helping others learn more about this great hobby.:

My 'Tag-Along' buddies (with coils listed in order of preferred use):
White's MXT All-Pro (w/9" and 6½" and 12" Concentrics)
White's MX5 (w/6½" and 9" Concentrics)
White's Classic ID (w/4½" and 6½" Concentrics)
Tesoro Bandido II µMAX (w/7" Concentric)
Compass Coin Hustler (w/6" Double-D)

monte@stinkwaterwells.com
(503) 481-8147

Re: What Is Synchronized Audio Discrimination
Posted by: GoGoGopher
Date: November 24, 2011 03:57PM
I am not sure, but sounds pretty "SAD" to me...lol...Seriously though...I have no idea.
My best guess is an early version of audio that had multi tones for each discrimination zone, thus syncing the audio to the discrimination???

HH,

Deactivated at users request 08/26/12

Re: Do you mean SPD (Synchronous Phase Discrimination) ?
Posted by: WILL_PENNY
Date: December 03, 2011 06:26PM
Monte
The first modern motion discriminators were started by George Payne when he worked for Bounty Hunter and he designed the Rec Baron series. They used SPD. The Owner's Manual describes it as this:

The revolutionary new S.P.D.~ (Synchronous Phase Discrimination) circuitry enables Discrimination at VLF depths! This patented technique is a type of analog computer that reads the sensing signal of the combined target and matrix Supporting soil around the target),then subtracts the effects of the matrix--leaving only the sound of the target itself to analyze!

If not, where do you read about a Synchronized Audio Discrimination?

Monte
......................Garrett's Freedom Series had a Ferrous/Non Ferrous Multi-Range Discrimination, High Accept/Reject Target Resolution And Synchronized Discriminating Audio Signals That Tell You In Which Range Targets Have been Detected.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login