Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
jetco huntmaster my first
Posted by: digger1967
Date: April 04, 2013 02:24AM
When i was 10 yrs old i got this for Christmas.I found alot of coins and good stuff with it.just one tone bfo but i was a happy camper.

Re: jetco huntmaster my first
Posted by: TC-NM
Date: April 08, 2013 09:12AM
Hey digger1967,

I had one of those when I first started detecting. It was the "Jetco Mustang" We've come a long way, haven't we? By the way who was the inventor who put the Jetco line out in those day's?

TC-NM

Detectors Used:
White's XL Pro -- Spectra V3 -- Garrett's GMH II -- Tesoro uMax Eldorado -- Sunray Pro Gold Headphones -- Macally Wireless Headphones -- Lesche Digger

~ Been Detecting Since '74 ~

Posted by: Old California
Date: April 08, 2013 11:29AM
Thanks for sharing digger,

The GTX Huntmaster was one of the better models Jecto made, One can tell the GTX was well built. I agree I too would he a happy camper having the GTX.

My first Jecto was the Mustang and still have it, Later on picked up two of the advanced BFO models the big metal lunch box type these were extremely smooth running for a BFO in fact still have one of these. It's the Gold Star BFO-1000 Professional model, she's heavy compared to my old Mustang and even compared to your GTX Huntmaster.

Take your GTX out for another spin, bring back those old happy camper days :thumbup:

Paul (Ca)

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: Sven
Date: April 11, 2013 07:17AM
First machine for me was the Relco Coin Ranger--piece of junk drifted all the time.

Then tried a Jetco of some sort, bought it from a local chain store, returned it. Saw a D-tex ad, rec'd a catalog and bought the Tiny Tex BFO.
Started finding coins left and right

Eventually sold it, saved some some more money, after a year or so was able to afford a White's Coinmaster IV.

PIctured is 4 months of finds

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login