Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Vintage Silver Sabre 2
Posted by: Woodstock
Date: May 23, 2016 11:12AM
I recently acquired a nice oldie but goodie . A Silver Sabre 2 ( metal box ) and super tuned it and it's now a deeper beeper that it ever was . It's sporting the 8" donut coil now and I was hoping to find out what other ( if any ) Tesoro coils I could use with it ... does anyone know ? Happy Trails and Best to All ! Woodstock

Re: Vintage Silver Sabre 2
Posted by: Texadillo
Date: May 24, 2016 07:02AM
Woodstock any 5-pin Tesoro coil or Troy Shadow X2 coil along with some of today's 5-pin after market coils compatible with Tesoro's can be used with the Silver Sabre II. Sometimes when doing coil swaps depending on ground conditions you may have to readjust an internal ground balance trim-pot and threshold trim-pot to optimize performance. HH!

Experiencing the adventure a lot of times will be your best find!

Unlike the common armadillo...I cover my holes and leave no trace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2016 07:07AM by Texadillo.

Posted by: RobM
Date: May 26, 2016 09:50AM
Texadillo
Woodstock any 5-pin Tesoro coil or Troy Shadow X2 coil along with some of today's 5-pin after market coils compatible with Tesoro's can be used with the Silver Sabre II. Sometimes when doing coil swaps depending on ground conditions you may have to readjust an internal ground balance trim-pot and threshold trim-pot to optimize performance. HH!

Is this also true with the original 1983 Silver Sabre??

RobM ~ Tulsa

Posted by: Texadillo
Date: May 26, 2016 12:35PM
Rob I would think the same holds true for the original Silver Sabre also. HH!

Experiencing the adventure a lot of times will be your best find!

Unlike the common armadillo...I cover my holes and leave no trace.

Posted by: RobM
Date: May 26, 2016 10:48PM
Texadillo
Rob I would think the same holds true for the original Silver Sabre also. HH!

Thanks,, I've been kind of wondering,,, it seems to be a different critter.

RobM ~ Tulsa

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: May 29, 2016 06:18PM
Indeed some coils must be tuned to the unit for Max efficiency in Tesoro's.....especially in metered units as they may get out of accuracy...imagine some are compatible to each other and only Tesoro would know so before you jump on another coil call the factory...

Posted by: gwsears
Date: June 14, 2016 10:30PM
Yes.

Geo

Posted by: chainsmoker
Date: June 17, 2016 03:55PM
On my 1985 Golden Sabre I have used the old white 8" donut, modern brown 8", 5.75" concentric and 10" x12" wide scan. They all seem to work as well as they do on my modern non GB Tesoro.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login