Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Discovery Treasure Baron Metal Detectors
Posted by: Sven
Date: July 09, 2016 09:19AM
These classic detectors were George Paynes inventions that were some of the hottest advanced digital programmable detectors ever made.
Even to this day are highly sought after. Command a premium price.

The legacy has been kept alive thru J. Birds website http://www.jb-ms.com/Baron/, and active forum.
Unfortunately, due to an illness JB past away this year. Over the past few days,
his forum site was taken down as the domain was not renewed.
Sad to hear, There was a wealth of information there.

But, all is not totally lost, due to a particular website that periodically takes snaphots of an entire website. Last snapshot was March 8, 2016, first was in 2004. So currently the info still lives on the web. I use this website all the time...

Did check last night, most of all of JB's site has been captured.
If anyone is interested in Treasure Barons. I will post the links below so anyone interested can access them.

https://web.archive.org/web/201601211024...com/Baron/

Deteknix Quest Pro, White's IDX Custom, Teknetics Mark 1
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Re: Discovery Treasure Baron Metal Detectors
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: July 11, 2016 01:16PM
Another great George Payne design with CZ type depth!

Posted by: dgerst
Date: January 05, 2017 10:54PM
JB is certainly missed. Unfortunately archive.org doesn't store everything. Some of the links are missing. Maybe someone has them stored and can share them. At least the forum is still up.

My main detector is still a Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2. A fine machine that'll keep up with many modern high-end detectors, once you learn it. I'm still looking for a 5.5" coil if anybody has one.

Posted by: dgerst
Date: January 06, 2017 02:43PM
By the way there's a base Baron on ebay right now.

Posted by: Codheads1951
Date: January 16, 2017 05:11PM
Hi, I am still hunting for the modules deep hunter, gold trax black sand, any of the modules that go with the red base treasure baron, I am from the UK. My email is codheads@live.co.uk I,m sure with the amount of now how I have been reading some one will have what I am looking for, please keep in touch thankyou...les

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login