Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
lowest KZ on a Garrett detector
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: February 04, 2017 04:07PM
During the middle 70's Garrett made a detector with a stacked coil,about 8"/10", orange in color and the frequency was either 1 or 2 KZ. Was the Deepest VLF Garrett ever made. Does anyone remember this detector and the name? Thanks.

Re: lowest KZ on a Garrett detector
Posted by: Happy_Hour
Date: February 04, 2017 05:15PM
Tucando from another forum posted this.................... The first Master Hunter VLF was a simple ground balance and manual tuning that sold for $329. back late 1975-76. Whites then added discrimination and then garrett followed and added discrimination as well along with push button tunning and made it a lot more simplified while adjusting the ground balance. discrimination was unforgiving due to the lower 2 KHZ frequency.

Seems I remember A.M. Van Fossen at Research & Recovery
Posted by: vlad
Date: February 13, 2017 07:47AM
in Houston having a Garrett unit at 1 kHz-was a straight VLF [it hung on the wall--whether it was production, I don't know.]
I remember Deepseekers of 77-78 that had no push button retune, and were not dual mode. [disc doubled as ground balance, depending on mode]
Whites first monster was the Coinmaster V at around 2.4 kHz and was a straight VLF. I recall a Whites hipmount of 76 that was a VLF/TR, freq unknown.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: March 26, 2017 03:14PM
Happy_Hour
Tucando from another forum posted this.................... The first Master Hunter VLF was a simple ground balance and manual tuning that sold for $329. back late 1975-76. Whites then added discrimination and then garrett followed and added discrimination as well along with push button tunning and made it a lot more simplified while adjusting the ground balance. discrimination was unforgiving due to the lower 2 KHZ frequency.

I found over 100 Civil War shells,round ball and rifled with my ole Master Hunter--still have it and was thinking of sending it to Garrett for a tune up.

Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: September 09, 2017 01:31PM
The first Garrett Master Hunter VLF had no discrimination. It ran at 2 KHZ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login