Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Teknetics Mark 1 coil compatibility
Posted by: straker
Date: September 14, 2017 05:38PM
I remember the big bud series metal detectors were able to use the later First Texas Bounty Hunter coils,but I tried a newer Bounty Hunter 8" spider coil and it didn't work. For one,the connector was a little loose and the connector shaft length has a lot to be desired. Has the same thing happened to you? Maybe the Teknetics Mark 1 can only take the push and twist connectors? Any help would be appreciated. I'd be so grateful that I'll let you know where U.S. Gold coins come in on your Mark 1 meter.

You might check with Mr.Bill
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 15, 2017 01:46PM
He told me some modern loops will work.
For example:loops for new Tek units like the Omega-will push in-not turn, but work.
Aftermarket like Nel, Detech, Mars & others do work.
Efficiency on any though---ask around.
I think maybe Dave Johnson and some others may have posted about compatibility on some First Texas (Detector) forums.

OldCalifornia knows
Posted by: Sven
Date: September 15, 2017 04:31PM
Re: Teknetics Mark 1 coil compatibility
Posted by: straker
Date: September 16, 2017 12:40AM
Thanks for helping me. As promised,here is a reference chart for finding US Gold coins with a Mark 1 LTD or any '0-100' analog metered metal detector.

Re: Teknetics Mark 1 coil compatibility
Posted by: Old California
Date: September 16, 2017 02:07AM
Teknetics Mark 1 will accept both types of connector (Push-turn & Push only) type.

And I agree, The Mark 1 and Mark III with push type connector it's short. Connector may disconnect out in the field if bumped, but it will work.

Another problem, If memory serves me right I believe Fisher added a dummy pin on some later coils. Instead of push-in 5-pin, it's a push-in 6-pin but one pin is a dummy. As long as the connector is push type, Removing the dummy pin then the coil work's with both older Bounty Hunter series and Older Teknetics models. Then, I heard they went to a threaded connector so that will require changing connector.

Sven posted below a Link to different types of coils for the Mark 1, with a special connector the older White's coils from same era of Teknetics the coils will work. One coil not pictured with the others was the 6" Shooter coil, it works well. Lost my last special connector, so recently replaced plug with a Teknetics Push-turn type on the 6" Shooter coil. Coil operates great with the Mark 1, but I recommend staying with the stock 7.5" Teknetics coil that coil is great for both small targets and gets decent depth. Plus, Lightning separation.

Don't go smaller than 7.5", unless you have a 6" Shooter coil. The 7.5" stock Coil is tough to beat, it's auctally better than the 6" Shooter coil. Anything smaller you're loosing depth, separation isn't really better with anything smaller in fact terrible. Especially the older Bounty hunter 4" concentric coil, it's a dog with the Teknetics Mark I or Mark III.

Good luck, and thanks for sharing the gold coin information.
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login