Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Teknetics Mark Question
Posted by: umax
Date: September 16, 2017 07:34PM
I have the 1 & 3 Mark and has there been a 4 or 5 inch coil that will work with these detectors.

Re: Teknetics Mark Question
Posted by: Old California
Date: September 16, 2017 08:25PM
I have both Mark I and Mark III.

Yes, the old bounty hunter 4" coil and Whites 6" shooter coil. The 4" bounty hunter coil with the teknetics series is a dog, pass on this coil.

There may be a smaller Whites coil with an adaptor, but I would go with the Teknetics stock 7.5" instead. It's either 7.5" or 7.25" can't remember, the teknetics stock is a good coil. It'll get both separation and super sensitivity, trust me.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 08:26PM by Old California.

Posted by: rljehart
Date: September 18, 2017 09:04PM
Yes i agree with Paul stick with the stock 7.25 coil . The six shooter coil mfg by Jimmy Sierra for Whites about 30 years ago are NOW rare and expensive. i have bought 3 over the years( all used around 70 to 80 bucks) and all suffer the same fate -- they will false --have an internal ground wire that is expoxied to the internal coil bottom --which comes loose --therefore falsing occurs . The coil also is easlily separated halves that you must reseal with silicone ( the OEM glue is more like a white caulk } My opinion of the internal components --looking poorly done --reciever and transmitter wiring on a rough cut styrofoam disc . i seen one Ebay a few months back -- a fellow had a six shooter starting bid of 300 bucks = not worth 10 bucks far as i am concerned

Posted by: Arthur-Canada
Date: September 19, 2017 10:21PM
rljehart
Yes i agree with Paul stick with the stock 7.25 coil . The six shooter coil mfg by Jimmy Sierra for Whites about 30 years ago are NOW rare and expensive. i have bought 3 over the years( all used around 70 to 80 bucks) and all suffer the same fate -- they will false --have an internal ground wire that is expoxied to the internal coil bottom --which comes loose --therefore falsing occurs . The coil also is easlily separated halves that you must reseal with silicone ( the OEM glue is more like a white caulk } My opinion of the internal components --looking poorly done --reciever and transmitter wiring on a rough cut styrofoam disc . i seen one Ebay a few months back -- a fellow had a six shooter starting bid of 300 bucks = not worth 10 bucks far as i am concerned

You should try fixing that coil. I had to totally change out the shell on my old Wilson and it was a lot easier to do then I thought it would be. Bought the shell from https://sites.google.com/site/dbcoilshells/contact
He can make custom sizes for a bit more money.

The original 10" Wafer coil
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 20, 2017 05:27PM
can be found--I use it exclusively.
Try finds classifieds.:teknetics:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login