Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Has anyone hunted their Omega with the 11" Triangulated coil off of the F44?
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: September 23, 2016 03:07PM
I have been meaning to hunt this coil on the Omega 8500 but hadn't got around to it yet. I was wondering if anyone else had?

HH
Mike

Re: Has anyone hunted their Omega with the 11" Triangulated coil off of the F44?
Posted by: dfmike
Date: September 23, 2016 08:19PM
Hi Mike. I only air tested that 11 teardrop coil when I had the 8000. I sold the 8000 and the F44 before I could really try it on unfrozen ground. It might not mean much but on all targets I had (coins and silver ring), the 11 coil air tested slightly deeper .5 to 1 inch than the 10 inch concentric. Visual ID was the same with both coils If I recall.

I remember liking the coil on the F44 better than the detector itself. I liked how light it was and that it still covered about the same area as the 11 DD.

Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab X-Terra 705, Makro pointer and way too many coils.

Re: Has anyone hunted their Omega with the 11" Triangulated coil off of the F44?
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: September 26, 2016 02:18PM
Thanks Mike,

I thought I might sneak some time in with it yesterday but it was not be, so I'll have to wait to satisfy my curriosity. But I'm pretty sure it will be favorable.

HH
Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login