Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
T2 All-Metal Question
Posted by: Charlives
Date: November 11, 2016 05:51AM
Hello, I usually run my T2s (I have 2 of them) in disc mode (disc 10,tones 2+, sens as high as I can). The tones give me most of the info I need, I rely on VDI only secondarily. The VDI is very helpful though when used properly (depth etc really effects numbers). My question, in all-metal mode the machine still gives VDI readings...are these readings just as accurate as when they are when used in disc mode?? I know the VDI is a separate system from the tones, but is the same VDI system used whether you are in disc or all-metal? Thanks!

Re: T2 All-Metal Question
Posted by: JJames1610
Date: November 11, 2016 04:07PM
Others may have different results than me, but in my all metal mode on my T2 the vdi numbers were lower in all metal then when in discrimination mode. I have flipped back and forth on targets to see it.

Posted by: Charlives
Date: November 13, 2016 01:37PM
Thanks JJames! Do you use all-metal a lot? I'm hesitant because even though you could hear targets a bit deeper the VDIs would still be way off or non-existent. Do people only use all metal when they think they should dig all 12in+ targets? Like historic places?

Posted by: JJames1610
Date: November 15, 2016 08:54PM
Depends greatly on what you are looking for. If your a coin hunter then i would not use all metal. I would use the discrimination mode with the discrimination set wherever you wanted it. Most off the time where people look for coins, there is trash. All metal would drive you nuts. Or it would me. The really great thing about your T2 is you can flip from all metall to disc in just a very short time.

Posted by: Neil
Date: December 18, 2016 06:43PM
I mostly beach hunt and always use all metal. I tried both modes and the all metal is more sensitive and deeper which is what I want.
Doesnt take but a few seconds to swap back and forth...check some of your targets out and you will see......all metal is a really nice mode...it feels more connected to the ground to me.

in everything give thanks

Etrac
X5
Xterra 705
T2

SunrayGold and Detectorpro Black Widow headphones

Posted by: Radianman
Date: January 02, 2017 03:56PM
Thanks for the info, I was curious too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login