Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
NEL coils
Posted by: njemt24
Date: December 11, 2016 08:53AM
I'm looking to pick up a NEL coil for my "green" T2. I like the NELs when I had it on a AT Pro. I'm between the sharpshooter and the hunter. What is the consensus of recommendations?

Re: NEL coils
Posted by: Snap On Man
Date: December 11, 2016 09:07AM
I have the sharpshooter and I like it a lot. Very light and I fill it is well balanced for the green T2 which I also have.. It fits in some pretty tight places. So far this year it has found me over $120.00 in coins, some toy cars, 2 watches, some keys, kids tokens, 4 rings, some kids tokens and of course some other junk! This coil was put on my T2 the day I got it and has not been off yet. GREAT COIL!

Posted by: Mega
Date: December 11, 2016 12:00PM
My vote also goes for the Sharpshooter coil,for some reason and i am not sure but the Hunter coil seems to be the least popular one in the NEL lineup,most folks tend to go for either the Sharpshooter or goes straight for the Tornado but miss the Hunter coil out.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: 88junior
Date: December 12, 2016 02:40AM
Sharpshooter gets my vote for its weight and target separation and it's as deep in my book as the 11"DD stock coil.

Minelab Explorer SE Pro and Pro Coil
Fisher1265x 8" coil
Tesoro Bandido II 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Whites Digmaster digger
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Posted by: Neil
Date: December 18, 2016 06:37PM
Sharpshooter is on mine now....well balanced...great seperation.....robust construction....I got lucky and found a used one cheap. Its gonna stay on my t2.

in everything give thanks

Etrac
Xterra 705
X5
T2se
SunrayGold and Detectorpro Black Widow headphones

Posted by: basstrackerman
Date: December 19, 2016 09:14PM
so how does the NEL sharpshooter compare to the stock coil? very close in size.. depth? i use NEL on my 705 and absolutely love them..

I retired from ohio department of corrections in 2008. Been a foster parent 20 years. Adopted 2 teen boys in 2013 ;) been swinging a detector since 1978 at age 11.. Ive used many different detectors and brands.. I use what works .. I wont stop til my heart does! Bill

Posted by: Snap On Man
Date: December 20, 2016 09:11AM
I am certainly no expert on metal detectors. But I like how much easier it is to pinpoint and I don't miss the extra weight of the 11DD. They both seem to have the same depth.

Posted by: CousinEddie
Date: January 14, 2017 08:03PM
I use the NEL Hunter on my T2 Classic and really love it!! It didn't add a ton of weight and I noticed a 1 1/2 - 2 inch increase in depth over the stock 11" coil.

Posted by: dabbie1
Date: January 21, 2017 11:20AM
Ive had my nel coil for years now.I find I get greater depth.I also find a lot of gold with mine,rings, etc pendants.I hunt with a Omega 8000,and the NEL coil is never off of it.thanks Wayne

Posted by: conehead
Date: January 21, 2017 03:24PM
Hello Everyone.........I run a NEL Hunter coil on my Omega 8000 and I love it.
I have every coil size from 5" to 13" for my Omega but the NEL Hunter coil is my favorite!
Runs smooth, ground balances well & does not add too much weight over the 7 x 11 dd stock coil.
H.H........conehead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login