Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Needing info on new coil...
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: March 07, 2017 06:41PM
Hey Guys looking at buying a 5 x 10 coil for my t2 a (CORS Fortune or NEL Sharpshooter) any information on use/depth would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks in advance...joe

Re: Needing info on new coil...
Posted by: Mega
Date: March 07, 2017 07:50PM
The Fortune and Sharpshooter are exactly the same coil in every means,they are connected directly/indirectly and why 2 setups i dont have a clue,regarding what are these coils like they are about as good as it gets when used on a T2,they are just a slightly smaller length and width wise but i still reckon as other do that the depth is very similar to the stock coil.

But the coil also has a few other advantages as well,its lighter,mounts central on the coil rather than the back of the coil as on the stock,only a small observation but it does swing far better in my mind,pinpoints a dream,target separation also very good,build quality in my mind is also much better and can run without a coil cover on.

So basically from using the Sharpshooter coil on the T2 it has become my main coil on the machine and have used it for over 2 years,it dont get much better than that,also i feel that the signals are slightly sharper as well.

It gets my vote for sure.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: 88junior
Date: March 09, 2017 01:04AM
I second what Mega said. It's a very good coil on the T2. I use it 90% of the time and the stock coil for large areas with very little trash or iron the rest of the time.

Garrett AT-PRO NEL Tornado 12x13 coil & 5x8" DD coil
Fisher1265x 8" coil
Tesoro Bandido II 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Whites Digmaster digger
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Thanks for info guys..N/T
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: March 09, 2017 05:10AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: dfmike
Date: March 09, 2017 07:29AM
CORS and NEL are the same with different names. It has to do with distributor territories and/or rights.

Don't rule out the Detech 5 X 10 SEF coil as well. I use that one on my F19 and F5 and like it a lot.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: Neil
Date: March 09, 2017 10:08AM
I agree its a good one for the T2. I picked up a used sharpshooter, saved a few dollars. They are very rugged also, well made.

in everything give thanks

Etrac
X5
Xterra 705
T2

SunrayGold and Detectorpro Black Widow headphones

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: March 09, 2017 12:37PM
The Mars 6X10 is another good option. Just a hair lighter and deeper than the Nel coil and separates just as well.
The Mars and Nel are almost 3 oz lighter than the Teknetics coil and both are deeper by an inch or more in my air tests.

Bryan

Minelab E-Trac
Gold Monster
Amigo II 5.75
Golden uMax/Sweeper
Takahashi FC-100DF

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login