Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
5" DD & T2
Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: March 10, 2017 10:37AM
Any opinions on the T2 rigged with a 5" DD?

what kind of performance could I expect out of a unit running this set up?

Re: 5" DD & T2
Posted by: jim tn
Date: March 10, 2017 06:33PM
The 5" DD is a laser in trash and gets very good depth. HH jim tn

Posted by: oldandtired
Date: March 13, 2017 12:34PM
As was noted above. If you have the patience to work the 5 inch coil, it will really pull the good finds out of the trashy areas.

The T2 with it's fast recovery and that small coil is probably one of the best setups out there to hunt the junk filled areas where good finds are still there and masked by trash.

The depth that small coil can get is impressive also. You can run your sensitivity up there pretty high if you like for depth. It is also a lot less prone to any EMI interference.

But, You have to have the patience to work that small size of a coil to get all the benefits of it.

Good Luck,
James

Posted by: Mega
Date: March 13, 2017 02:49PM
My favourite detector/coil combination for really trashy roman sites,also superb for when the crops are cut as its also makes a great stubble busting setup for getting in between the rows or wheat/barley stubble which can be reasonably stiff for weeks after being cut,but the worst crop for stalks is 'oilseed rape' its cut between 6-8'' high and is like bamboo cane,but the T2 and small 5'' coils works like a charm in situations like this.

About 3 years ago while detecting in stubble i locked onto a George111 full gold guinea with the small coil and was down about 5'',but the signal was really good,just that one coin paid for the T2 :smile:

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login