Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
T2& 15"dd coil
Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: April 15, 2017 11:39PM
Teknetics has their 15" coil on sale for $85... does anyone run one on a T2?... any opinions/ firsthand input?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2017 11:39PM by Herb Jones.

Re: T2& 15"dd coil
Posted by: Mega
Date: April 16, 2017 02:10AM
The 15'' coil produced by the same company who makes the same detector in theory sounds about as good as it gets,but one then has too think why are they offering a large coil for such a bargain price,and the reason is that no one wants a 'boat anchor' to swing around all day long,i do have one which is brand new and only been used once,its not a bad coil if you have a specific need for one,but rest assured the biggest killer of this coil by far is the weight,it is a best weight wise.Hence this is the reason that they must have a fair amount still left on the shelves that they cannot get rid of,they must have made a massive loss on this coil project comparing the normal suggested retail price with the offer that they are currently selling them for.

If i am honest i would save your money,i have never heard of anyone using them on a regular basis,just because of the weight of them.Of course this is just my personal opinion from buying one and using it for a very short time duration,if you have a full harness and just want it too check out a specific site for a hoard then it could well be a good move.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: REVIER
Date: April 16, 2017 07:04AM
The same coil was thrown in for free with the Anniversary F75 Chistmas package...for a reason.
It might get a bit deeper than the standard big DD but a few that have tried it have found mixed results and the smaller, standard big DD can get shockingly deep on its own.
Then there is the weight an maneuverability factor, some have said it weighs so much it actually can bend and flex that lower composite rod.

A nice idea but I bet sales were just not what they thought they would be for these in both the Fisher and Teknetics line so now they need to get rid of a few any way they can.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2017 07:06AM by REVIER.

Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: April 16, 2017 09:50AM
Aaahhh, seemed like a deal... glad I asked. Thanks

Posted by: Jackpine Savage
Date: April 17, 2017 06:17AM
Several aftermarket companies have newer lighter coils that will add depth without the weight. Mars makes a 10x13" Tiger coil and Nel has the Thunder coil that is around 10x14", Both similar in weight to the factory 11" DD.

Tom

Save the Concentrics

Minelab Advantage, G2, Omega 8500, X-Terra 705, F75 DST and a Fisher ID Edge

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: April 17, 2017 08:47AM
Tom------How much depth increase can a person expect in mineralized ground from the NEL Thunder over the FT 11" stock coil on the T2?----------Del
Jackpine Savage
Several aftermarket companies have newer lighter coils that will add depth without the weight. Mars makes a 10x13" Tiger coil and Nel has the Thunder coil that is around 10x14", Both similar in weight to the factory 11" DD.

Tom

Posted by: JJames1610
Date: May 06, 2017 08:25PM
I wouldn't do it. I did it before and the guy is right. Boat anchor. I also had a hard time ground balancing that thing, it covers to much ground. With that standard 11 inch dd coil i can hit a target i buried 36 inches deep. No lie. Mine is the ltd se version and i am using boost mode. Listen to experience.

Posted by: joe dirt_1
Date: May 10, 2017 04:04PM
I bought a new 15" coil for 50 bucks shipped. Never used it yet, but I have it if the need arises.

MXT Pro W/ 5.3 , 5" EXCELLERATOR II, 9.50 , 8X6 SEF , 12X10 SEF COILS
T2 Classic W/ STOCK AND 5" COILS, NEL SHARPSHOOTER, NEL SNAKE, AND 15" COIL
TEKNETICS PATRIOT W/ STOCK COIL
FISHER 1280 W/ 10" COIL
DETECTOR PRO PIRATE
1212X
1220 x W/ STOCK COIL
1266 XB W/ 3 3/4", 5" , 8", 10.5 ", AND 11 " COILS
1270 X W/ STOCK COIL
CZ-3D W/ STOCK COIL
CZ7a W/STOCK COIL, 5" COIL, 10.5" COIL
FISHER F 75 SPECIAL EDITION W/STOCK COIL
MOHAVE W/ STOCK COIL
SILVER µMAX W/ STOCK COIL , 18 " CLEAN SWEEP, AND RSD COIL
CLASSIC IDX W/ 5.3 AND 9.50 COILS
CLASSIC IDX PRO W/ 9.5" COIL x2
TROY SHADOW X2 W/ SUPER 7 COIL
X-TERRA 705 W/ 9" 7.5 KHZ, 9" 3.2 KHZ, 5X10 18.75 KHZ, AND 15" WOT 3.2 KHZ COILS
MAKRO RED RACER W/ STOCK, 5", AND NEL HUNTER COILS
NOKTA FORS C0RE W/ STOCK COIL
NOKTA FORS CORE PRO PACK
KILLER B'S , WHITES PRO STAR AND STARLITE HEADPHONES , DETEKNIX W6 WIRELESS HEADPHONES, GRAY GHOST ULTIMATES, GRAY GHOST NDT HEADPHONES, TROY PRO HEADPHONES
LESCHE DIGGER, PREDATOR DIGGER, LESCHE SAMPSON, WHITES GROUND HAWG, AND LESCHE GROUND SHARK SHOVELS
SUN RAY, WHITES, AND TESORO FINDS BAGS
WHITES TRX AND GARRETT AT, MINELAB PRO FIND 25, Mars MD PINPOINTERS

Posted by: dimebagg
Date: May 18, 2017 01:04PM
Can't beat the Nel tornado

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login