Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone using the G2 plus?
Posted by: Sand dog
Date: April 17, 2017 12:11AM
Don't see much posted about G2 plus. Is it a good machine for park hunting? Seems like it would be really good with the tone break and notch/notch width adjustment.

John

Re: Anyone using the G2 plus?
Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: April 17, 2017 01:00AM
John------(IMO), the G2+ is a true "sleeper" machine.-----Not only is it a great park hunter but is a great relic & gold (nugget) detector also.-----I've said at different times that I don't think many people realize just how good of little detectors the G2+/F-19's are.------Light weight, lightning fast response, VERY accurate target I.D., acceptable depth, good run time (one 9v battery)----what's not to like??-----I've got both the G2+ and F-19 & they are going nowhere---except on a hunt with me!:smile:-----Yeah, it's probably true--you don't hear that much about them---but shhh let's just keep this secret between you & I.:wink:---------Del

Posted by: woody
Date: April 17, 2017 09:02AM
A great machine. Does it all. This is one detector I'll keep for awhile. For old guys like me, it's also light weight . FT is one of a few companies that keeps the weight down.

Posted by: Sand dog
Date: April 17, 2017 04:11PM
I value your opinions. I got one coming.
Thanks

John

Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 17, 2017 07:15PM
Some will say the G2+ is not a coin hunter. It wasn't specifically designed for it unlike lower freq machines with more tone options. It's not perfect and I would say not for everybody but I simply like mine because I understand what it says to me. This is from last weekend with an F19 (same as G2+ with different color scheme and hand grip configuration) in a bad dirt school yard.

I like it as it is but if it had tone options, boost (i'd really like sensitivity to go to 110 to gain a bit more depth in bad dirt), threshold and live phase value in discrimination mode it would be my dream machine.

The only thing that can be annoying about it compared to my F5 is that it tends to be so sensitive to lower conductors that it hits hard on small foil bits, can slaw pieces, mini washers, etc. Stuff that my F5 ignores or just sputters on. If you want to search for gold in a trashy park with this machine, be prepared to be on your knees most of the time... :)

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 17, 2017 07:29PM
I just wanted to add that with the V-Break option the machine can become a good coin hunter if you don't want to dig everything. You can set the volume at 10 to kill all the iron signals and then adjust V-Break to anywhere you want. In my case the copper penny range usually starts at about 75-76 so I can adjust the break at 70 or so and only hunt for modern clad or silver coins which all fall above that for me. As I understand it the V-Break will not affect depth like raising discrimination would.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: jak135
Date: April 21, 2017 01:59PM
See the Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetic G2 Forum for more about the G2+

Posted by: amberjack
Date: April 21, 2017 07:01PM
kicking us out :buds:

AJ

Posted by: Speedlunker
Date: April 24, 2017 10:46PM
I'm a newbie but I have one and am finding lots of stuff. No problem finding coins and some jewelry. Found a Kennedy half dollar yesterday. A few nice silver rings but still waiting on my first gold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login