Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
T2 in Canada
Posted by: cladcanada
Date: June 05, 2017 02:36PM
Thinking of a T2 as next machine. Any one in Canada use one ? I hunt newer steel clad and jewelry . I have the delta 4000 now and it great but want more coil options

Re: T2 in Canada
Posted by: lytle78
Date: June 05, 2017 04:23PM
T2 uses DD coils only

Rick Kempf

Posted by: dfmike
Date: June 05, 2017 06:39PM
Do you use your Delta with the stock round concentric coil or a DD coil ? I find the 7.8 kHz machines do poorly on steel core clad coins with any DD coil. My F5 does well with the concentric but not with the DD coils which ID most Canadian modern clad as ferrous targets even if there are other metals present in or on the coin. Not sure if the T2 is better and as mentioned you can't use it with a concentric coil. You can use the F70 or F75 with a concentric as you probably know.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: cladcanada
Date: June 20, 2017 09:55AM
thanks for info

Posted by: Sven
Date: June 28, 2017 04:57AM
T2 is fine for CA clad. Use the NEL Sharpshooter coil with it and for trashy areas get yourself a Fisher round 5" or better the NEL Snake. And you'll be all set.

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: Mega
Date: June 28, 2017 05:08AM
Sven
T2 is fine for CA clad. Use the NEL Sharpshooter coil with it and for trashy areas get yourself a Fisher round 5" or better the NEL Snake. And you'll be all set.

I totally agree with the Sharpshooter and Snake options on the T2,also i use the 5'' factory coil as well,infact over the coming months when the crops come off the Snake and 5'' coils will be used most of the time when the crops come off,great for stubble busting.

Some of our modern coinage ie 1 and 2 pound coins have those horrible iron cores,can totally confuse a detector but we usually find them say in a beach environment near ice cream vans and other popular tourist traps as well,but for the most part not a great amount are found on farmland as they are pretty modern coins.But as they have these iron cores when they have been on the beach in the salt water for some time the cores can erode very quickly just leaving the outer part of the coins.They are cheap and nasty coins,give me a hammered silver coin anyday as they last 1000s of years.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Sandman1
Date: June 29, 2017 11:13PM
Hey guys and gals,I am thinking of buying the t2 as my first machine,keen to search beaches,parks and anything else that turns up.any advice would be helpfull,Is this a good machine to start with?thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login