Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: T2 turn on settings
Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: July 10, 2017 08:12PM
One tone would be fine if you're going to dig all signals but 3 allows you to eliminate the bad ones. Actually the only time I ever hunt with the disc. below 40 is the few times I've looked for property markers and they really stand out in 3 tone.

Posted by: REVIER
Date: July 11, 2017 04:59AM
chuck, ky
One tone would be fine if you're going to dig all signals but 3 allows you to eliminate the bad ones. Actually the only time I ever hunt with the disc. below 40 is the few times I've looked for property markers and they really stand out in 3 tone.

Again I use one tone a ton, I don't come close to digging all signals, maybe only about 15-20% of the trash I come across, and can eliminate the bad ones just fine.
I have a pretty great track record that proves this.
In my soil one tone has much greater unmasking abilities than multi tones...by far, and in great soil it worked better for me also.
All metal too.
In heavy iron, for me, there is nothing better than these two choices to avoid trash and iron but successfully target the good stuff.

It just depends on the tool you use, what you learn and how you prefer to do it, everyone is different.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: Mega
Date: July 11, 2017 05:19AM
What is the optimum settings on the T2 and what i prefer to use could and can be poles apart,2+ is my 'personal preference' but i also use 3 tones as well on some of my saxon sites,of course one persons settings may not suit another person.

If i am on a pasture site or deep ploughed and rolled and want some extra depth and the ground is reasonably free from trash then i use either the SEF15x12 or BIG NEL and run it in single tone,1 disc,90sens and full cup headphones listening too the deep whisper signals and dig most of them as its the deep targets that i am after.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Charlives
Date: July 29, 2017 08:29AM
I've hunted everyday with my T2s for the past 7 yrs. I've found that the 10 disc is perfect at most local sites. Any lower and you start digging too much iron. My sens settings have gone down every year with more experience. Contrary to poplar youtubers, the chatter at high sens doesn't help at all, in fact it's a major hinderance. You'd have to check every chatter sound for repeatability and that's not practical. You'll hear more deep targets with a quiet background when you develop an ear for it.
I do, however, agree that the machine should default to 2+ settings as that gives much more aural info than 1. HH

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: July 29, 2017 04:27PM
With 2+ you don't have to dig any iron, just pass on the low grunts or raise the disc. to 40 and the iron signals are all gone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login