Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Omega 8000/NEL Hunter coil
Posted by: jim tn
Date: October 29, 2017 08:20PM
Anybody using the NEL Hunter coil on their Omega and if so, any additional depth and performance over the 11" DD. Thanks, HH jim tn

Re: Omega 8000/NEL Hunter coil
Posted by: Mega
Date: October 29, 2017 10:44PM
I have used a Hunter coil on a T2,it was 'ok' i guess,but could not see a great amount of advantage between this coil and the stock coil,they are basically very similar in size,was lucky that i sold it for the same price i paid for it,cannot personally see any advantage in spending out money for a similar a similar size coil that performs the same really.Of course if your stock coil has developed a problem and is faulty then the Hunter coil could be a good move.

Must admit i really like NEL coils and the build quality is top notch and work very well for a aftermarket coil,but replacing a like for like size wise coil i cannot see any major advantage if any,only advantage that i can see is if you have a specific use for either a larger or smaller than stock coil then that does make alot of sense.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: October 30, 2017 04:58AM
Mega, I don't have the 11" DD for my Omega, just the 10" concentric and now need a DD and want it a bit larger. Thanks for your input. HH jim tn

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: October 30, 2017 08:49AM
Jim it seems more people opt for the Tornado coil and seem to like it and do pretty well with it.

Date: October 30, 2017 12:08PM
Thanks, wyohunter. Will check it as well. Over all with my other Omega's I've done well with the Omega 11" DD coil, but since I only have been using the 10" concentric and want to add a larger coil I thought of even going slightly bigger then the 11". HH jim tn

Posted by: dfmike
Date: October 30, 2017 06:54PM
Jim, I had an Omega and an F5. If you want just a tad bigger than stock 11 DD, you might want to consider the Mars Tiger coil (if you can find it). I liked it on my F5 and like it even more on my F19. It is slightly deeper than the 11 DD and the weight is very similar. To me it is the ideal compromise between really big and just bigger than stock. I really like my Detech Ultimate as well but that's a much bigger coil than stock and comparable to the Tornado.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Date: October 30, 2017 07:10PM
Thanks dfmike, I guess what I am hoping for is light weight and 4" more depth. LOL. HH jim tn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login