Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
First few hunts of new year
Posted by: jjaddict
Date: January 14, 2011 10:38AM
No one seems to post their pictures very often on the BH forum, I know I love looking at others pictures, so here are some pics of finds from my last few hunts.

On the most recent moonlight hunt, I found a fired 3-ringer, a wheatie, a foil milk bottle top, one love letter, and a MO tax token that was filed down to the size of a dime, probably to try to fool a vending machine.
On the last plug I cut, I found this huge trapdoor spider in a big cocoon-like sack with tons of babies crawling around in it, kinda creeped me out, so I scooped up the spider and bailed.

I was really excited when I found the class pendant, thought it was gold, no dice, still lookin for my first.

The hunt before that I found a really nice dropped 3-ring minie ball, a couple of wheaties, one of them a 1909, no S and no VDB, still cool to me though.

Thanks for lookin, HH!!

New hunt today, couple nice keepers
Date: January 15, 2011 11:17PM
Picked up my second 1909 wheatie, still no S or VDB, but this one is in awesome condition for coming out of the ground, looks about XF details, I'm stoked about it. Still no silver coins for the new year, but I think this pendant might be silver, it has some good weight to it, but no markings, whaddya think?

Re: First few hunts of new year
Posted by: capt.
Date: January 16, 2011 10:07AM
Hey jjaddict, man those are some awesome finds! Congrats on that 1909 wheatie, it is in great condition! My oldest is a 1934 and it is extremely worn. I can't get over how good that penny looks! Way to go bro!

capt.

Posted by: Joel-Winnipeg
Date: January 16, 2011 11:14AM
The pendant may have a small marking of .925 if its silver.
This one looks old so the marking may not be on as they did not do that in the old days !

We act as though comfort and luxury
were the chief requirements of life
when all we need to make us really happy
is something to be enthusiastic about.
___ Charles Kingsley___

Newest Hunt, Sunday
Date: January 16, 2011 06:51PM
Thanks, I sill can't get over how nice that '09 wheatie is. Pulled two more wheaties today not 20 yards from where I found that one, but they are pretty crusty, they were in a much different type of soil though, kinda sandy right next to a sand pit volley ball net. I also picked up this sweet little civil war bullet, my first of this type, I'm super stoked about it. We don't have the age here in MO that the east coasters do, but we've got our fair share of civil war sites, right in the local parks too, kinda nice. Also picked up one more wheatie and a .925 earring at a short yard hunt today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 06:54PM by jjaddict.

Posted by: capt.
Date: January 16, 2011 07:10PM
You are on a roll man! Keep it up!

Cleaned up pendant, it's silver!!! :wiggle:
Date: January 16, 2011 09:48PM
Kinda liked the look of the front with the tarnish on it, shows its age, so I didn't clean it, just the back with a little baking soda to see if it was silver under there, yup. Almost the mass of a silver dollar, so it was a nice score, probably my most valuable find so far. Sorry for goin picture crazy.

Posted by: TerraDigger
Date: January 17, 2011 07:40AM
The Heart is awesome. But that medal on the chain looks really cool. What is it from? And what is the chain made of?
The 1909 penny makes me greener than the coin with envy.:super:

Posted by: Karl
Date: January 17, 2011 08:55AM
Great Finds - Thanks for the Photos !!

Karl

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere"

TENNESSEE - Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD

Date: January 17, 2011 08:59AM
Terra, it is a local high school class pendant. I'm not sure what the chain is made out of, it's very thin, gold colored, but the pendant isn't real gold so I'm guessing the chain isn't either, no markings on either.

Re: Sundays bullet
Date: January 17, 2011 12:33PM
A guy from my local club ID'ed the bullet as a .44 cal pistol bullet from an 1860 Colt Army Revolver, after looking a little closer at a few of my other bullet finds, I have three others that have been fired that match it. I used to only coin shoot, but I've got a little bit of the relic fever now that I've started finding CW bullets, love this hobby!!!

Posted by: Lizz
Date: January 18, 2011 06:48PM
Nice find jjaddict!! I love looking at pictures also. Keep posting them! :smile:

Posted by: detectorfreak74
Date: March 30, 2011 01:05AM
nice ox shoe

Posted by: JTGotti82
Date: February 28, 2012 04:01PM
You kept the spider...that thing is nasty, LOL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login