Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A few Vintage Bounty hunters from the early seventies,
Posted by: Paul (Ca)
Date: February 27, 2011 02:42PM
Here are a few vintage Bounty Hunter detectors from the early seventies, One "Professional" and two "Outlaw" models.

The Outlaw (blue box) can operate with either a TR mode or BFO mode, And only with using the long Big Foot type TR/BFO coil.

The Professional, although it's an oldie gets serious depth for a BFO. And uses both the smaller and larger coil together.

Thought it would be a treat posting these for those who never seen an old Bounty Hunter, Take care.

Paul (Ca)

Re: A few Vintage Bounty hunters from the early seventies,
Posted by: mwaynebennett
Date: February 27, 2011 05:01PM
Yep, that's what Fred and Barney were using in the episode when Wilma lost her ring.:blink:

Those are indeed old units... from last millennium I believe.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Posted by: Paul (Ca)
Date: February 27, 2011 06:08PM
Thanks Mark,

I do have older Bounty hunters but it was about this era (Professional & Outlaw) when depth and a less drift threshold tuner were improved,

I still use the older detectors of yesterday mainly for tot lots and open ball fields & play grounds. And, A few special TR's from the mid seventies for old sites laced with iron.

Surprisingly, Some of the older 100kHz detectors from the seventies will out perform the new machines of today at these older sites laced with iron.

Thanks again, Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2011 06:09PM by Paul (Ca).

Posted by: abcoin
Date: February 27, 2011 09:47PM
I love how retro those detectors look. Yet, I notice that the magnum coil, although white colored, looks almost the same as the current Bounty Hunter magnum coil. Its interesting to see change and continuity together like that.

Posted by: mwaynebennett
Date: February 27, 2011 10:51PM
I'm thinking of getting a gold-specific machine. Were any of the older BH metal detectors designed specifically for gold?

Posted by: AkroMan
Date: March 01, 2011 03:27PM
Those are so vintage and pratical , what more could you want ? hehe! Pretty cool .

Posted by: Big Al
Date: May 31, 2011 02:19PM
Hi Paul (Ca). Thanks for the great photos of your detectors. I'm new to this forum and had just got a Bounty Hunter Outlaw TR/BFO and have a few questions maybe you could help me with?

1) I have download the owners manual (without pictures), but it is not clear about the battery connections. I have both 9v and 12v packs for the detector, and the battery connector wires coming from on the detector are identical, except for that one connector is black and the other is blue. Which is 9v and 12v? There are no markings on the battery packs or the connectors to figure them out..

2) The Outlaw comes with a small and large coil. Are you saying that the smaller coil works with BFO only, or TR?

Thanks-

Posted by: downeaster
Date: May 31, 2011 04:02PM
Paul,
You still never cease to amaze me. Thanks for sharing more of your collection. Every detector you have posted looks mint. It would be worth the trip to California just to see your entire collection. Steve

Thanks Paul For Sharing The Oldies With Us...........N/T
Posted by: rob
Date: June 02, 2011 07:42AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: wolfpaw518
Date: June 25, 2011 12:35AM
I recently saw a couple of these old box jobs for sale for $30 bucks each. They said they didn't know if they work or not, , but they look great. For that price I was thinking of grabbing them. I think there was a red one and a blue one.

neil

Posted by: archaeologist
Date: May 22, 2014 04:10PM
I know this is an old thread but I would really like to get my hands on an old BH Red Baron.

Bounty Hunters:
Discovery 2200
Discovery 1100
Quick Silver
Cen Tech Pinpointer
Always looking to pick up a vintage Bounty Hunter!!

I know this is an old thread but I would really like to get my hands on an old BH Red Baron
Posted by: Digger T
Date: May 24, 2014 08:21PM
I have a BH Red Baron ...can't get it to work right,,,,not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if its has a problem....it's in great shape..cool looking...Red

Posted by: nnecoil
Date: November 06, 2014 05:34PM
Paul - is possible to get photo of the battery section for the Bounty Hunter Professional? thanks, Bill

Posted by: Digginghound
Date: November 28, 2014 04:02PM
Nice old detectors there and in nice shape ! I remember them from the 70's and early 80's. I had a lot of fun with them back then and regret that I no longer have mine.

Posted by: Hightone
Date: November 29, 2014 01:23PM
Back in the day. BHs were manufactured by PNI.

Vintage Bounty Hunter models

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2014 01:26PM by Hightone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login