Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Posted by: MikeSatter
Date: January 10, 2012 05:40PM
I am considering purchasing a used Bounty Hunter Quicksilver with case and headphones for $85.00 do you think this is worth my investment, or should I wait on something else? I live in Seneca, South Carolina if that makes any difference due to ground balance and about 200 miles from the beach.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Posted by: jazzman58
Date: January 14, 2012 03:51AM
My first detector was the Pioneer EX (same as the Quicksilver less the headphone jack) and it was/is a good machine for the money. Never tried it at the beach as there are not a lot of them here in northern Illinois. Found lots of neat stuff with mine. Sounds like a good deal to get you started.

Good luck on whatever you chose to do and HH.

Jeff

Posted by: southon37
Date: January 28, 2012 09:53AM
I love the BHQ and used it on the beach alot but what I really enjoy beside it's light weight, it is a great metal detector and accurate., also have the 4" disk in trashy places. You can not go wrong with the BHQ. Happy Hunting.

Posted by: MikeSatter
Date: January 28, 2012 02:17PM
Thanks for all the replies, but I went with a Garrett Ace 250 and it is working out great!

Posted by: Pulltab Paul
Date: January 28, 2012 03:18PM
I think it's that darn yellow color that grabs 'em.

Posted by: jst2kool
Date: January 28, 2012 06:12PM
Lmao, that was a good one pulltab.

Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Ace 350, Bounty Hunter Platinum with 11" DD coil,Bounty Hunter Time Ranger,Garrett Pro- pointer, Lesche digger. Garrett Edge Digger.

Posted by: deliveryboy
Date: June 10, 2012 03:40AM
Hi I am new here and new to detecting, just bought a quicksilver off craigslist after trying out a cheap harbor freight one and returning it. It also came with 4" coil and a pinpointer all for $80 it was a great deal, and also made a friend :). Im looking forward to taking my 2 sons out hunting. Went this morning to a local park for a few hours found lots of clad a silver quarter and this little trinket made of (iron??) It appears to be a teacher holding some books.

Posted by: Ed in SoDak
Date: June 14, 2012 01:25AM
Silver on your first outing with the Quicksilver? WTG!! I guess my first real find with a 1981 First Texas detector was a buried porcelain wood-fired cookstove. I'm not sure how that compares, especially since it was too dang big to dig up and we left it there! I woulda much rather found a silver quarter! LOL!

If the trinket is iron, a magnet will give a quick check for that. I got in the habit of always carrying a super magnet to check finds and help retrieve pesky wires, nails and bits from a hole quicker and easier than probing around with my pinpointer. Put the magnet in a baggie to help keep the iron bits from clogging it up.

-Ed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2012 01:32AM by Ed in SoDak.

Posted by: deliveryboy
Date: June 14, 2012 05:05AM
oh great strategy I have a few earth magnets I have pulled out of old hard drives, thanks for the tip :clapping:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login