Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
BHTR nails 3 gold rings.
Posted by: nick hunter
Date: April 17, 2012 12:25AM
Hi !

This week-end ended up with three gold (2x14K, 1x18K) rings from the dry sand beach here, found with my Time Ranger.

I kind of like this detector, it's ID system is very useful and permits a really selective hunt, without losing too much goodies.

HH

Nick

Re: BHTR nails 3 gold rings.
Posted by: Drkstr62
Date: April 17, 2012 12:47AM
Nice finds...Happy Hunting!!!

Bounty Hunter Time Ranger with 4", 8" & 10" Coils. Garrett Pro-Pointer and Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer. Fiskars Big Grip Digging Tool.

Posted by: jjaddict
Date: April 17, 2012 08:50AM
SCORE!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!

Adam

SW Missouri

Minelab Etrac

Posted by: mwaynebennett
Date: April 17, 2012 12:22PM
What did the TR say they were?

Date: April 18, 2012 08:43AM
mwaynebennett
What did the TR say they were?

Well, the two 14K Pulltabs (both solid 44)

The 18K 5c (solid 21)

HH

Nick

Date: April 18, 2012 11:38AM
That is about what I thought. Those who want to use their zap or notch features to ignore pulltabs etc will pass by the gold.

Way to go.

Mark

Date: April 19, 2012 10:03AM
mwaynebennett
That is about what I thought. Those who want to use their zap or notch features to ignore pulltabs etc will pass by the gold.

Way to go.

Mark

Yep !

It wouldn't be wise to zap or notch in that range, the TID is expanded enough to give you indications as to dig or not.

21 and 44 are clearly OUT of the PT range, be they square ones or beavertails...

HH:bounty:

Date: April 19, 2012 05:18PM
I have found that targets give different indications based upon their orientation. Have you tried setting a ring up on edge and scanning it and then putting it flat and comparing the readings? Please give it a try with the TR and report back your findings.

Thanks,

Mark

Date: April 21, 2012 06:49AM
mwaynebennett
I have found that targets give different indications based upon their orientation. Have you tried setting a ring up on edge and scanning it and then putting it flat and comparing the readings? Please give it a try with the TR and report back your findings.

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, noticed that before.

I tested that again with the three rings. When the coil isn't perfectly centred over the rings on edge, the signals is jumpy , but from the "right" number (2x 44 1x21) up to 5 digits more. So the TID 44 jumps to 49 maximum, and each sweep can show any TID between 44 & 49.

Same for the 18kt (21 to 26).

When pinpointing and correctly centering above the target, the ID, in all three cases, LOCKS two numbers above original 'flat' TID , 46 & 23.

Interesting for every user to make his own experiments in accordance with the targets he wants to find, but this "expanded" TID system is well worth the money.

HH

Nick

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2012 06:52AM by nick hunter.

Posted by: deepseeker442
Date: April 22, 2012 04:32PM
nice gold. wtg :thumbup: :detecting:

Posted by: wasp
Date: April 22, 2012 10:14PM
Very nice Nick. I love digging those kind of pulltabs. :beers:

Wasp

Whites V3i w/Super 12, D2, Eclipse 950, Eclipse DD, Eclipse 5.3, SEF 10x12 (white), SEF 6x8
Whites DFX w/D2, Eclipse 950, SEF 10x12 (black)
Sun Ray DX-1
Bounty Hunter Platinum w/stock coil
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger - 10", 8", 4" coils
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Lesche digger

Posted by: Karl
Date: April 24, 2012 08:58PM
Awesome finds and Congrats. !!

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere"

TENNESSEE - Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD

Date: April 24, 2012 11:32PM
Thanx guys !

wasp
Very nice Nick. I love digging those kind of pulltabs. :beers:

Me too...If only I could find the cans !:detecting:

HH

Nick

Posted by: deepseeker442
Date: April 26, 2012 09:17PM
nice rings. wtg :thumbup::usaflag:

Posted by: Ed in SoDak
Date: May 10, 2012 11:20PM
Great finds! Sandy and I got our TR's back in 2000 and that 0-299 ID range is a definite plus. I usually hunt with zero disc, or iron at the most, then pick and choose based on ID once I see the type of junk I'm running into. Sandy prefers all metal no-motion which is more sensitive than motion disc, but still has target ID.

Our machines are the older "v2" design. They lack the Program 4 All Metal of the newer models. Have you tried that mode yet?

-Ed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login