Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New to me Land Ranger Pro
Posted by: Bucksport
Date: February 28, 2015 07:52PM
I just recieved a used unit today. Very impressed with how easy it is to set up in each mode. I like how the settings are retained after turning it off. Having used a few Firsat Texas machines in the past, I was very comfortable with it right away.
I plan on making 2 coil adaptors so I can switch between the 11" coil and the 8" round from my Eurotek Pro, and use the 11" coil on the ETP.
Lots of snow here in Maine, so I will not be field testing it for a while :cry:

"Swing the coil east to west, then north to south, rinse, reverse, repeat"

White's Classic III SL
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Eurotek Pro w/8" coil
2 X BH Tracker IV, one with 4" and other with 8" coil
Vibra probe, HF PP

Re: New to me Land Ranger Pro
Posted by: Bill ( So. Ca.)
Date: February 28, 2015 10:07PM
Hi Bucksport, I purchased my L.R.P. in December and it is an excellent C/J unit. I especially like the notch width adjustment and the quiet operation even at high sensitivity settings. I think B.H. has a real winner with this detector and when word gets around they will be very popular. Best of luck and Happy Hunting.

I love mine so much........
Posted by: Hightone
Date: March 01, 2015 12:28PM
......I bought a Quick Draw Pro and just change lower rods with the coils on them when I want a 10" concentric on the LRP.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Re: I love mine so much........
Date: March 03, 2015 01:32PM
Hightone
......I bought a Quick Draw Pro and just change lower rods with the coils on them when I want a 10" concentric on the LRP.

If I had the money I would do that. Thought about a standard Eurotek, since it has a push in 8" coil.
I don't think it will cost me more than 10 bucks to make a few adapters. I might even make a few extra to sell.
HH all

White's Classic III SL
Eurotek Pro w/8" coil
Vibra probe, HF PP

Date: March 11, 2015 08:13PM
Finished making my prototype coil adaptors. Now I can use both 8" and 11" DD coil on either my Land Ranger Pro or Eurotek Pro. Now to test them.

White's Classic III SL
Eurotek Pro w/8" coil
Vibra probe, HF PP

Nice job BucksportN/T
Date: March 11, 2015 10:57PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Coin and Jewelry hunter.
BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer
in the past 12 years.

Date: March 12, 2015 05:11AM
Well I thought that I did the wiring correctly, but no. I got very shallow air tests on both machines with both coils. Guess I will be de-soldering tomorrow lol.

White's Classic III SL
Eurotek Pro w/8" coil
Vibra probe, HF PP

Date: March 15, 2015 06:44PM
Decided to open both units to see the wiring on the case side of the plug. Discovered that the Land Ranger is wired exactly like the legacy machines. Once that was established it didn't take long to make things work.

White's Classic III SL
Eurotek Pro w/8" coil
Vibra probe, HF PP

Those adapters sure look nice!N/T
Posted by: JAntonS
Date: March 16, 2015 05:26PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: steve5980
Date: March 31, 2015 07:08PM
I am really liking this land ranger pro used it two days it is so light even with the 11 inch coil I have been playing with different setting and was happy with what i had going on but i am going to try and learn the vco option i also have the AT pro i am liking this just as well or maybe even better should have some time to learn this as i just had c4 Thur t1 fused that's right i was out while wearing my aspen hard collar 13 days post opp I did attach a detecting buddy harness to make it even less weight and most digs were in soft sand and i used light weight aluminum sand scoop I'm waiting on a blue tooth transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack to allow Blue tooth head phones to be used any ways I found a 1883 silver dollar and a 1946 half dollar my fist day out today two rings a few pull tabs few quarters Penny's were from the other day i did not dig them today at all the Pic is of about 10 hr time in two days and i move very slow right now no hurry have all summer off and i am so happy to be able to get outside again

Nice hunt, Steve
Date: April 01, 2015 12:05AM
I love my LRP but am having a time trying to get it to detect nickels. Signal moves around a lot on anything in the gold range. Do you find that? The silver area is tight and awesome, though.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

in the past 12 years.

Re: Nice hunt, Steve
Posted by: steve5980
Date: April 01, 2015 02:23AM
i use disc2 then block out 1thru 25 and vbreak 32 thru 37 then use sound and yes i still have to dig them pull tabs

Posted by: taterbill
Date: April 01, 2015 09:05AM
Hightone....Does the LRP have a problem with nickles, gold, etc.. when using other sized coils. I've had my LRP about 2 weeks & have noticed the same problem.

Date: April 01, 2015 11:38AM
I tried the 10" from the Quick Draw Pro on the LRP before winter but can't remember. I'll have to try it again this season, still cool in the mountains right now. It could be, taterbill.

I'll bring it to FTPs attention in an email to Jorge as a question. I email here and not to FTP to have Jorge address it when he gets time, not bothering him at work. So it may be a few days or so before he answers, if he does.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

in the past 12 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 12:08PM by Hightone.

Re: Nice hunt, Steve
Date: April 01, 2015 11:48AM
Mode 2 is VCO from 20-99. Extending V-Break should make low tone from 01-37 if 37 is the setting VB point. If you use Mode 4, Disc to 25, set VBreak to 29, you have 4 tones (25-29 foil is low, 30-39 is medium, 40-60 is VCO and 60-99 is high). If pull tabs are showing up in 37-40 range, you can set the notch width to 4, run it up to 41, and everything in the 37-41 range is silent (notched). Air test on nickels show below 37, usually 32-35, which would be a medium tone.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

in the past 12 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login