Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Nice hunt, Steve
Posted by: steve5980
Date: April 02, 2015 01:20AM
That sounds right hightone what i do see is better id with lower sens `settings going to try it out once more with newer pull tab notched out

Re: New to me Land Ranger Pro
Posted by: taterbill
Date: April 08, 2015 09:04PM
BUCKSPORT....Have a question..... I too made a coil adapter , to adapt screw-in connector on a teknetics 10" concentric/eclipse coil (for Greek , gamma, etc coils.....to connect to the LRP. Both are same freq. I put connectors back to back & then wired contacts directly in line. Didn't hook it up.
Then I read your post about LRP being wired like the Legend machines. I have a titan 3000xd, which is same as Discovery 3300, which is same as Legend 3500. So I changed wiring the layout of one end for the LRP, & the other end matches layout of the teknetics coil. Hooked it up & LRP acts sporatic & won't ground balance. So, obviously something's not right.
I'd like to know more detail on how u wired up your adapter, if that's ok with you. If not, I understand. If not, do u think u could make me an adapter that would work.
Maybe this teknetics coil can not be make to work on an LRP.
Thanks for your time.
Bill

Land Ranger Pro
Whites MXT All Pro
Whites mx5
Fisher F75 85th Anniv Edition
sold....Titan 3000XD (Discovery 3300)
HarborFreight 9 function,
Teknetics Gamma, Omega 8500,
Whites MXT, Whites SST

Posted by: Bucksport
Date: April 08, 2015 09:24PM
Tater I will gladly give you a detailed report tomorrow on how I did it. I do not have my notes with me right now.
I will do all I can to help you.

"Swing the coil east to west, then north to south, rinse, reverse, repeat"

White's Classic III SL
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Eurotek Pro w/8" coil
2 X BH Tracker IV, one with 4" and other with 8" coil
Vibra probe, HF PP

Posted by: Bucksport
Date: April 21, 2015 07:08PM
Tater here is a sketch of how it needs to be wired. If you need help please advise.

"Swing the coil east to west, then north to south, rinse, reverse, repeat"

White's Classic III SL
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Eurotek Pro w/8" coil
2 X BH Tracker IV, one with 4" and other with 8" coil
Vibra probe, HF PP

Posted by: taterbill
Date: April 23, 2015 09:57PM
Thanks Bucksport ! Got it wired up & works good ! I did leave out the "bridge" , 'cause the LRP has those two contacts connected together inside the detector, according to my ohm meter....as does the titan 3000xd (discovery 3300). I used the LRP yesterday with the teknetics 10" concentric/eliptical coil (Greek, gamma, etc.). Works great, just a tad less depth.
Interesting thing I noticed today, after putting the 11" dd coil back on..... nickels will hit very steady up to about 5 to 6 inches, then numbers will jump around....no matter what sensitivity you use ! In other words, if you set sensitivity to 10, nickels may start hitting at around 7" or 8", but not solid until down to 5" - 6". If you set sensetivity to 6, nickels will not show until you get down to 5", & then they'll hit solid. Increased sensitivity does not give you an increase in depth of solid detection of nickels. This happens whether in the ground, or air testing. This may be normal, just never noticed it before.
One neat thing also happened today....got a solid 50cent indication...dug it....was 2 quarters right on top of each other ! This detector not only finds quarters, it adds them up for you ! LOL
taterbill

Land Ranger Pro
Whites MXT All Pro
Whites mx5
Fisher F75 85th Anniv Edition
sold....Titan 3000XD (Discovery 3300)
HarborFreight 9 function,
Teknetics Gamma, Omega 8500,
Whites MXT, Whites SST

FTP doesn't see what we are seeing through constant field use.
Posted by: Hightone
Date: April 24, 2015 07:02AM
Yeah, that nickel thing sounds like a software problem, but it could be that 11" DD due to the smaller wire/cheaper build is having a minute EM field generation into the ground. I bet FTP would like to hear that the coil may have an issue over the unit's internal functionality. I can change out the rod and 10" elliptical from my QDP with the LRP. I'll have to try it and see if I get the same results you did, taterbill. NEL coils are special order through the Ukraine site, and I may order a Sharpshooter if I can determine that the coil could be the culprit.

The LRP/QDP are just too good units to give up on.

Coin and Jewelry hunter.

BH Land Ranger Pro
BH Quick Draw Pro
Deteknix XPointer

Have owned different Garretts,
Fishers, Tesoros, Whites and MineLab
in the past 12 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login